Oracle of the Grail Code...weird Temperance card

MareSaturni

Hi!

I just bought this deck, after getting a nice discount at my favorite bookstore. I was looking through the deck and i noticed the 'Temperance' card...in my deck, it shows the whole painting. It's a vertical painting that doesn't fill the card's width, and you can see the woman's feet and all. But then i looked in the website, and there the card is shown only with the upper part of the painting, and it was cut and enlarged to fit the card normally.

http://www.oracleofthegrailcode.com/images/temperance.jpg

Here's the painting as it appears in my card (in my card it's 'yellow-er' and has faded edges)

http://persephone.cps.unizar.es/General/Gente/SPD/Pre-Raphaelites/bj/jpg/burne26.jpg

See the difference? Does it happens in all decks or my Brazilian edition has a problem? Not that it is ugly, but it's weird to see a card with a vertical, slim image in the middle while a lot of yellow background fills most of the card.

Any ideas?

GryffinSong

Huh. That is strange. And all the other card images fill the card? Temperence is the only skinny one? I don't have that deck, but it sounds strange they'd do that.

GryffinSong

Just read another thread about this deck, and one person did say that the temperance card was the entire painting, unlike the one shown online. So, sounds like yours is completely normal. :) Now I have to go look at the deck, because the paintings are beautiful.

Must not buy another deck ... must not ...

Debra

They might be trying to avert piracy of the deck.

Anyway, beautiful. Make the shape of the image part of the meaning of the card. Temperance is a narrow balance between the two sides...

Asher

Hmmmmm

Marina said:
See the difference? Does it happens in all decks or my Brazilian edition has a problem?
Any ideas?

Interesting...I checked my English edition and I also have the full Temperance painting. I have used this deck a few times and never noticed the difference in images before.

Asher

MareSaturni

Debra said:
They might be trying to avert piracy of the deck.

Anyway, beautiful. Make the shape of the image part of the meaning of the card. Temperance is a narrow balance between the two sides...

Oh, i had never seen it that way. Makes complete sense, you know?

Anyway, i'm glad to know that it's comon, and that my deck is not weird. I tend to be THAT lucky :p

I'm really liking this deck so far, i just need to use it more and see how it 'works'. I love the paintings, the booklet, and wuld be upset if one card had come all wrong!

Glad it's not the case!

Marina