10 of swords reversed as how someone sees you

Luna_Star

I don't know if this has been posted already... But, what would be a good interpretation of 10 of swords reversed as how someone sees you? The way I'm looking at it, is that the 10 of swords can refer to the intellect of a person. So in reverse, I see it as not clicking on an intellectual level. I'm a bit confused there because part of me wants to think that being on the same level intellectually is more the 2 of swords....

Your thoughts? :)

nisaba

I nthe Waite system this is quite a pessimistic card. You had it reversed - so maybe a happy-go-lucky person, or a person who is not "risky"?

Luna_Star

Hi Nisaba:

Thanks for your response. :)

I hadn't considered that it could be someone that is not into taking risks. Maybe this person is seen as someone who always goes with what's "safe" or conventional instead of living a little, being more spontaneous...

I just thought of another possible interpretation. 10 of swords carries a negative connotation to it, so in reverse I could see it as someone who has lived through the 10 of swords and is risen above it.

Moonchild1721

Hello,
I always thought of the 10 of swords reversed as indicating financial success and getting on the right track. In your case could this indicate that someone sees you as an example of making the right choices in this area? Just a thought:)

starrystarrynight

He may see you as someone who came close to losing it all at one time or another. Or that you are (still) depressed or worried and unable to cope with things as well as (he thinks) you should.

pasara

when I see the 10 of Swords reversed I think of a bed of nails. Somehow the person is able to be comfortable in a seemingly harsh situation and turn it around to serve his or her needs.

Orenda

pasara said:
when I see the 10 of Swords reversed I think of a bed of nails. Somehow the person is able to be comfortable in a seemingly harsh situation and turn it around to serve his or her needs.
Love that analogy!

I see this card in reversal as leaving behind that which does not serve you, and is rather deconstructionist like the Tower. More than the disconnection of the upright's ruin, it speaks to an understanding of strife. When badly dignified, I see betrayal (by others, or from within!)

In this circumstance, I see that this person has done the work, does have the experience, and is very much moving forward in their own way like Luna_Star shared. That would give you an idea on what that person is seeking, or could be construed as how they see YOU are!

I really like that flipping of the imagery as the bed of nails that Pasara shared *S*

Crystelle

I got this yesterday....

I was scanning for card interpretations and thought I would bump this thread to the top. I think the reversal is getting me. Usually I get this upright in a relationship reading when someone is DONE. So I was wondering if anyone saw it as someone that is done... but not quite? Thoughts?

Silverbells

Usually I get this upright in a relationship reading when someone is DONE. So I was wondering if anyone saw it as someone that is done... but not quite? Thoughts?

Maybe. I remember a long time ago that I asked about how a date (that I had gone on the day before) had gone and I got the 10 of swords and I laughed because I immediately knew that the tarot was saying that it had already happened and I should know.
I have also gotten the 10 of swords when I asked if I could turn around the early stages of (premature) arthritis that I had gotten. I took that to mean that what's done is done. However, the arthritis is not that terrible, things just can't be turned back...
I would say that perhaps the ten of swords is something that can't be turned around but may not be that terrible...to bring this thread back to the 10oS rx - perhaps reversed, this card may mean something that can't be turned around but can be alleviated SO MAYBE someone sees the other as damaged goods who is making good and rising from the ashes? Or a strong person with an indomitable will?

Crystelle

Maybe. I remember a long time ago that I asked about how a date (that I had gone on the day before) had gone and I got the 10 of swords and I laughed because I immediately knew that the tarot was saying that it had already happened and I should know.
I have also gotten the 10 of swords when I asked if I could turn around the early stages of (premature) arthritis that I had gotten. I took that to mean that what's done is done. However, the arthritis is not that terrible, things just can't be turned back...
I would say that perhaps the ten of swords is something that can't be turned around but may not be that terrible...to bring this thread back to the 10oS rx - perhaps reversed, this card may mean something that can't be turned around but can be alleviated SO MAYBE someone sees the other as damaged goods who is making good and rising from the ashes? Or a strong person with an indomitable will?

I would be that ;) indomitable ;)