10 pentacles and page of cups : impressions of a place ?

samantha

I'm travelling over the summer and did a spread to help me make some decisions etc

I had narrowed accommodation in the cities I'll be staying at down to two choices per city, and drew cards for them, using the Golden Tarot.

I'm still thinking on these two, for City E.

How will I feel about option 1 in E. ? 10 Pentacles

And option 2 in E. ? : Page of Cups

10 pentacles : I think this place will be an established business, which is probably family run. It may be the case that they have a loyal clientel; people who return to stay year after year.
I think the building etc inside and out will be well maintained , tho I'm wandering if it might be old fashioned or * tired * in it's look ?
The people running this place are practical and busy. As the card shows women in a garden doing many chores I think they will pay equal attention to cooking, cleaning, giving info. about the local area etc.

Page of Cups: My first thought was that I will find this place more aesthetically pleasing, maybe the decor and situation feel more artistic etc A romantic location ?
The page might suggest that the owners have been running this for a shorter period of time than those above.

Has anyone anymore ideas on these two ?

Im getting less of an image for the page of cups , and wonder why.

Each costs about the same, and their rating (points for cleanliness etc) are similar.

samantha

Maybe the Page of Cups will feel more tranquil and peaceful, compared to the hustle and bustle of the ten of pentacles? So the ten has more trade, and hence more people passing through ?

Narwhallove

Hey Samantha, I think your reading sounds smart and wanted to add that 10 of Coins strikes me also as potentially pricey. The place may be more luxe, but also more expensive and more inclined to raise in price after the lease is up? (Not exactly sure what the arrangements are, of course.)

Page of Cups definitely sounds more like a fledgling place, but also more lovingly tended? Good luck with this!

lilangel09

Ideas:

10 Pentacles
Either potentially pricey or has luxurious settings.

Page of Cups
A more homey-feel. Like staying at a bed and breakfast.

Amanda

I thought the ten might be more like a bed and breakfast.

Maybe the Page of Cups says you can bring a pet along? Or maybe they have a nice swimming pool/jacuzzi/spa?

samantha

Both are listed as "boutique hotels" (which serve breakfast but no other meals .... not unlike a B&B ?!)
There is little difference in their price.
The infinitesimally small photos don't give me much to go on, tho the page of cups location looks alittle more modern (cleaner lines), the ten pentacles a little more "frilly". But really very hard to say !

At the moment I'm thinking that I might enjoy the food at the 10 pentacles better, but prefer the ambience of the page of cups ! In which case I will probably go with the latter.

samantha

Another thought. Perhaps the Page of Cups indicates that I will "fall in love" with the place ?

Amanda- good point about the water aspect. They don't have any of the facilities you suggested (and neither allow pets), but I wonder if it might be near a small stream or river.

bogiesan

Your questions were how will you feel about these accommodations, not what they are like.

My P-10 describes life from the point of view of the dogs in the yard. They sense immense wealth and comfort because human pentacles are, like, SEVEN for dogs. You will feel wonderfully at home and pleasantly cared for at this establishment.

My C-P is amazed at the value of the object for which he or she suddenly finds himself responsible. Typical reactions are awe and paralysis as often as pride and a desire to show off. None lead to significant action. You will not be happy at the latter, unable to avail yourself of the amenities.

Amanda

Yes, bogie is right.

10 of Pentacles as a feeling is "fondness" to me. I think you will like it very much, it would be a place that you could revisit because it will feel so comfortable to you and everything will be taken care of down to the last detail.

Page of Cups says you will feel completely in awe of this place. It could be a totally new experience for you to stay there which would be exciting, of course.

samantha

I can see how the 10 pentacles would make sure I had a happy stay and was well looked after, but can't relate the awe aspect to what I know about the other hotel; tho it suits the page of cups card well enough as you point out.
Neither of these places are expensive, which was why I put the paranthesis around the "boutique", suspecting some kind of hype! At best I was hoping for a slightly more up market B and B.
I've just sent an email to both with a few questions, so I should have a better feel for the places soon.