10/Wands as "be careful with what you wish for..."

MareSaturni

It came to me actually when watching how a friend of mine reacted when i did what he asked. We were hanging out a lot together. Then, one day, he came and talked to me a big talk...the hidden message was "i'm jolly tired of your company so please, do leave me alone for a while".
I don't like people who are "jolly tired" of my company, so i did what he asked me - i stopped talking to him. Never called him again, nor sat by him to talk. Unless he came to me.

And now he seems to be regretting it. Hum....

But that's not the point...the point is, i was playing with my Mythich Tarot deck when i saw the 10/Wands. Jason...he got what he wanted, but now he looks sick of it all. So i thought of my situation, and wondered if, for my friend, it couldn't be a 10/Wands situation: he wished something and he got it, but now he's not so happy about it. "Be careful with what you wish for, because you may just get it".

What do you think? Or am i completely round the bend?

~Yuko

augursWell

My first question was, are you sure that's what he mean't, leave me alone for awhile? What made you think so?

In any event I think the Ten Wands is very much a "too much on my plate right now" kind of card. To me the Wands are aspirations, soulfull needs, and the like. Having ten of them at once means either they have been fulfilled completely and you are now carrying the results or you are overburdened with too much.

I think the "regret" aspect might have to be indicated by other cards as this might not always be the case. To me all of the Tens are the various suits manifested in the real world. Someone with a lot of aspirations might not regret the ten of wands at all.

Thirteen

augursWell said:
My first question was, are you sure that's what he mean't, leave me alone for awhile? What made you think so?

In any event I think the Ten Wands is very much a "too much on my plate right now" kind of card. To me the Wands are aspirations, soulfull needs, and the like. Having ten of them at once means either they have been fulfilled completely and you are now carrying the results or you are overburdened with too much.

I think the "regret" aspect might have to be indicated by other cards as this might not always be the case. To me all of the Tens are the various suits manifested in the real world. Someone with a lot of aspirations might not regret the ten of wands at all.
Well said. I think you hit the nail on the head.

miss_yoko, maybe you mistook your friend's hidden message (i.e. that he was tired of you)--maybe he was just overwhelmed by all he had on his plate. All things he wanted to do right by, but there was so much that he just couldn't help but come across as tired. And so couldn't give you the attention you deserved?

I know that sometimes I can be short and distracted with my friends when I've got too many other things to focus on. It doesn't mean I'm tired of them, it just means I've got too much on my mind and on my plate and I end up dissing the un-intentionally because of it.