2 cups and 6 swords

Pythia

Now, I've read all the threads there are on these two beautiful cards, and I still can't find which is the most 'negative' one! I tried a spread of advice, and the 2 cups appeared as the possible outcome of selling the house, and 6 swords as the possible outcome of keeping it.... can you see my dilemna?

Simone

Pythia,

this sounds like a request for interpretation of your reading, which would rather fit into the Your Readings Forum.

Please familiarise yourself with the Forum Rules and the Your Readings Guidelines.

Indeed, this Forum, Using Tarot Cards is meant for discussing "the card meanings and symbolism, and the many ways of reading Tarot cards", not for interpreting your own readings!

Thanks for your understanding!

Simone and Moonbow*
your friendly moderators on the block ;)

This being said, a two of cups sounds like a lovely outcome while the 6 of swords sounds like moving away anyway, either now or later?

Thirteen

House spread?

Pythia said:
Now, I've read all the threads there are on these two beautiful cards, and I still can't find which is the most 'negative' one! I tried a spread of advice, and the 2 cups appeared as the possible outcome of selling the house, and 6 swords as the possible outcome of keeping it.... can you see my dilemna?
You've the opposite of "damned if you do, damned if you don't...."

Blessed if you do, blessed if you don't?

If you sell the house, you will find another that you will fall in love with. If you don't sell the house, you will find an answer to whatever problem your having that requires you sell the house and balance will be restored.

So, I guess you can either lay down a pair of clarification cards for each, or decide which you want more.

Or, how about this. Do a "house" spread:

***5***
3*****4

1*****2

That's four walls and a roof--and you might want to chant: "There's no place like home!" while you shuffle ;) Simply ask, what will I get from selling this house and buying a new one:

1) Financial--financial benefits (or detriments) of buying/selling/moving--includes trouble with buying selling, work on the new house.
2) Emotional--emotional benefits (or detriments) to the same (new neighbors/friends)
3) Energy--What kind of energy you'll get from the enviornment--the vibe of the new living space and neighborhood.
4) Mind--unexpected problems or benefits--that will occupy the mind--like new school, new church, new clubs--also new problems, zoning laws, etc.

5) Outcome IF you move.

Hope this helps you decide!

Pythia

Very sorry & thanks...

Moonbow and Simone, for giving me some hints, despite my misdemeanour.:) I am still trying to come to terms with the effect a card's position has on its interpretation.

Thirteen~I appreciate your giving me another way of seeing this issue. I loved that chant (There's not place like home!)-why didn't I think of it earlier?? LOL I will definitely give the house spread a go...right now!

Thanks again!