2 cups as why someone does not share info

starlite

i recently asked about why a guy holds back telling me information regarding a particular question i asked him. i got the 2 cups. my initial gut tells me to read it as reversed - he's insecure, wants to share, but is afraid of opening himself up for fear of getting hurt.

any thoughts?

willowfox

2 cups reversed would suggest that he is not willing to share that information because he feels that he is not able to connect/work with you, he cannot forgive you for something that happened in the past, so he keeps his distance.

starlite

the card was not reversed. i mentioned that maybe i should read as such. we didn't have a falling out. he's not mad at me. we're talking now, he's just holding back. he has insecurity issues. my instincts tell me that he wants to share, but is afraid.

jlo

I think maybe he has issues with opening up about that particular topic... He is guarding his emotions and finds it hard to make a connection . He has trust issues and things like that. He fears that he may be vulnerable after telling you about that particular thing .

WalesWoman

Conflicted feelings... part of him wants to open up, part of him is afraid to...he's polarized about it... and can't talk about it.

rebecca-smiles

do the cards around it indicate that it should be read as reversed?

if not, i would read it as 'he isn't holding back'

sometimes we think we know assume something that simply isn't there?

Grizabella

There are many reasons why someone would hold back that don't involve being afraid of being hurt that could be indicated by the two of cups. Maybe he's holding back due to being in another relationship. Consider the fact, too, that "another relationship" doesn't have to mean a romantic relationship with a woman, although it could. It can mean a relationship of friendship with someone else and maybe he feels that answering the question would violate a confidence.

Moonbow

Moderator Note

Friendly moderator note,

This is not the 'Your Readings' forum so please stick to the many interpretations, meanings and symbolism of the 2 of Cups and not interpret a one-card reading.

starlite, if your are wanting a reading, please PM myself or Lyric and we will move this thread to Your Readings. You will, of course, need to follow the guidelines for that forum.

Thanks
Moonbow*

SunChariot

First of all, my best advice for you is if your gut tells you something then trust it. Those gut reactions are always right.

I see something similar also to what you said. The two of Cups is the love card. To me this says that the reason he is holding back is related to love. I would say the most likely explanation is he has been hurt by love before. Maybe in his past someone he loved asked him a similar question (and he is equating the two situations when he was in love) and it turned out very badly for him because he did answer the question. So just likely he has been burned by love before and is afraid of repeating the same mistake that he made last time. At least that is how it likely feels to him.

Bar

Moonbow

Moderator Note

Thread locked as free readings given.

Moonbow*