2007 SOUL ~ Reading Exchange ~ 12th-25th Feb ~ Fudugazi & zannamarie

Elven

:) Welcome to your Tantrum safe space :) Enjoy the exchange :D

Elven said:
This weeks Topic is ~ "THE TANTRUM"
No not tantra - :bugeyed: Tantrum! :laugh: What to do to get something you want as soon as possible!! LOL!! This is a bit of a fun 3 card spread - using both Tarot & Oracle for a second week with a bit of a difference.

Method
TAROCLE - using both Tarot and Oracle together for the reading.

1- The Seeker picks 2 Tarot cards - 1 represents 'where they are now' - and the 2nd card represents 'what they want'.

For example:
A: Where I am - I pick the Fool (unemployed)
B: What I want - I pick the Ace of Pentacles (a new job)

There are 3 Oracle cards then chosen by the reader which are placed between the Tarot Cards to see what the seeker has to do to get from A to B!

TANTRUM SPREAD

****TAROT 'A'****ORACLE 1***ORACLE 2***ORACLE 3****TAROT 'B'****

TAROT A - card chosen by the seeker to represent WHERE I AM
HOW TO GET THERE:
ORACLE 1 - Do this - Recommended.
ORACLE 2 - Dont Do This - Caution.
ORALCE 3 - Probable Outcome.
TAROT B - card chosen by the seeker to represent WHAT I WANT

Thankyou to Leo62 for the Oracle placements, and Fudigazi for the introduction!! :p

Readings & feedback to be completed by SUN 25TH FEB 07
:)

zannamarie

Hi tortoise lady. We meet again.:)

I’m presuming in this thread that you will give me the tarot cards to use and I will select and read the oracle placements (and not the tarot cards). Let me know if your understanding is different.

I will be using animal crackers for the oracle. As I mentioned in the sign-up thread, I have purchased a bag of animal crackers with icing. So you have your choice of plain cookies or ones with icing. I have done one reading with the iced cookies and the shapes are a bit less defined so the photos aren’t much to look at but they seem to work as well as the plain cookies with regards to reading them. And they are more colorful presuming they don’t land upside down. :)

For my reading, I would like the topic to be focused on the monetary aspect/opportunities with regards to a creative career.

Tarot A - Where I am - XVII The Star
Full of hope and optimism. Reaching for what I want that seems to be a little bit out of my grasp. I can see it but I’m still working on how to get it in my hands.

Tarot B - What I want - Nine of Cups
I put the link in for the Archeon card as that was what I was using when making my selection and it is a bit different from other decks in that it also emphasizes wealth and material success as well as emotional desires fulfilled. I want it all. :D

Let me know if you have any questions about my question or why I selected those cards.

I look forward to reading your crackers. :)

Sophie

Looks like an interesting question, Zannamarie! I will use runes.

I am figuring out how to turn my question and will get back to you soon.

Sophie

OK, my tantrum for your animal crackers (with icing of course!), concerns a special week-end that is coming up in less than 2 weeks. It might - or might not - be a make-or break week-end for me and someone. Or it could just be a lovely 9 of Cups reunion that does not resolve things - for now - if someone is not yet ready for resolution. I want to be prepared, either way, and I am playing it by ear.

Two Majors for you to play with:

Where I am: The Hanged Man
Where I want to be: Judgement

I'll be getting round to your reading in the next day or two.

zannamarie

Fudugazi's cookie reading

Fudugazi said:
OK, my tantrum for your animal crackers (with icing of course!), concerns a special week-end that is coming up in less than 2 weeks. It might - or might not - be a make-or break week-end for me and someone. Or it could just be a lovely 9 of Cups reunion that does not resolve things - for now - if someone is not yet ready for resolution. I want to be prepared, either way, and I am playing it by ear.

Two Majors for you to play with:

Where I am: The Hanged Man
Where I want to be: Judgement
Fudu,

I set out the cards from the Merryday tarot (Cards are in the right-hand frame of that Web site link.) while reading your cookies.

Hanged Man in Merryday is titled Journeyman and depicts a bald, nude man beside the twelve-spoked wheel of life. He is eager to fill the remaining sections of the wheel with experience.

Judgment has a mermaid and a merman with an arm around each other. Both of them are above waters with grasping hands coming from it. They “have finally fought free of the clutching hands of emotional stagnation” according to the accompanying text.

For the oracle, I dig into the cookie bag, draw one and drop it on the table. I then look at it and read it. Since I consider readings to be holistic, I left the cookie on the table when dropping the subsequent ones. Therefore, I could check for any interactions between them. Cookie photos are attached.

These iced cookies are harder to decipher (as to what animal it is) but I think this is a cow. It landed icing side up and it’s white icing so I think the advice is to milk this for all its worth. :D The cow is on its back with its feet in the air so depending upon your relationship with this person, it could mean a quite nice reunion (wink, wink). But you didn’t mention the type of relationship so that comment might not be appropriate. So in that case, being on one’s back might not be a comfortable position. But in this case, that’s the only way this animal’s head would be pointing to the direction I consider the future. And considering that I think you picked the Hanged Man because things have not been going anywhere, I think that is a good sign. So let this person figuratively ‘be on top’ and take the more submissive role. Play up how wonderful the other person is. There’s plenty of icing on this cookie so be very ‘sweet’ with this person and lay it on thick and you’ll have a good time.

ORACLE 2 - Don’t Do This - Caution.
Well this cookie appears to be a rhino and it is practically touching the cow. So I think the advice is to not get too close to the other person. I don’t know how well this will show up on the photo but this cookie has both pink and white icing on it. The lower part of the rhino (feet) is what is closest to the cow and that is the part that is pink and I can even see some bits of red. If you get too close, things will get hot (hence the pink/red color) and it’s going to make things uncomfortable. This cookie is almost the exact same position as the first one so it’s on it’s back but heading to the future. So while you’re laying it on thick, don’t get too close. I’d say to keep it more light-hearted and fun so you don’t end up getting singed and hurt.

ORACLE 3 - Probable Outcome.
Oh, dear! The cookie broke upon impact. :( I’ve got crumbs on the table again. Oh, well. While broken cookies are a little messy, they aren’t necessarily a bad thing. We’ll see what we’ve got here.

This is an elephant with all white icing. It’s upright and heading to the future but is mostly is ‘behind’ the other two cookies so it looks like they would get there first. So I think you’ll make some progress, and at least get things heading the right direction, but it may well not be as much progress as you’d like to make. The back legs/feet of the elephant are what broke off and they went flying to the future. They are pretty much at the same place as the other two cookies so you will definitely make a bit of progress on this weekend. And since they are the legs, the progress will be something to ‘stand on’ or something to support where you’d like to go with this relationship. So this does look good.

Overall
So I’d say to keep an open mind, don’t set overly high expectations, and you’ll have a great time and make some progress in the direction you’d like to be going with this relationship. Except for that little bit of pink (hmmm - maybe you should watch out for a little sunburn?), we’ve got consistency in the colors so the weekend will go smoothly.

Ok, it’s now time to munch the reading. Then I’ll go have dinner. One should always make sure they have room for dessert by having it first. :D

I hope you’ve found the reading helpful. I apologize if the ‘wink, wink’ comment in the first cookie is not appropriate. My mind just went straight to the gutter when that cookie fell. That’s not a usual reaction as I’ve had many cookies land on their back and that didn't come to mind on the other ones. A lot of others things (all in the gutter) came to mind so I stopped myself and put a little ‘cleaner’ spin on what the cookie was saying. :D

I hope it turns out to be a great weekend for you and I look forward to your feedback. :)

Attachments

• Fudugazi-Do.jpg
    Fudugazi-Do.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Fudugazi-Dont.jpg
    Fudugazi-Dont.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Fudugazi-Outcome.jpg
    Fudugazi-Outcome.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 51

Sophie

your reading :)

Oooh, very interesting reading, which confirms my intuition, btw! (and you are quite right about the wink, wink ;)) I wish I could have shared the biscuits afterwards :D

Intrigued that 2 out of the 3 animals were African, btw - and part of the Big Five.

I'll give you some feedback later, but first I want to do your reading.

I took out my Thoth for this question - monetary and emotional success in a creative career:

Where you are: The Star
Where you want to be: 9 of Cups (subtitled Happiness).

Interesting that purple/lavender, and blue dominates both cards, bringing a strong spiritual element to the question. In the second card, the flowers are gold and shine a golden light on the purple cups, which makes me think not only of emotional and spiritual success, but of prosperity :)

Cups dominate both these cards, since the Star maiden - in the Thoth the goddess Nuit - pours two cups out: she is seated on a crystal and pours spirals of purple into the starlit night. Her hair undulates back and forth too. Crowley writes of the spiral that it is, as geometry, the best approximation of life, which is more like a spiral than a straight line. Our goals are seldom reached by the shortest route between two dots – or two tarot cards. Even space curves, and time certainly does. Bear that in mind for your question. The overall message of these two cards seems to be – keep flowing towards your goals and remain flexible.

I drew three runes from the Elder Futhark to answer your tantrum. Runes are very much to the point!

The first I drew – “Do” – was Uruz, which means Ox, Bull, or Auroch – a large extinct bull from Northern Europe. All these are symbols of strength, endurance and hard work. Oxen, of course, were used as work animals for much of human history, and still are in parts of the world, as is their cousin, the water-buffalo. They have a huge capacity to pull heavy weights for long periods of time. So the advice here seems to be – do yoke yourself to that cart that is your cherished creative life, and pull. It will demand endurance, hard work and commitment in order to pay, and not just give you some enjoyable hobbies. Uruz gives you the strength to do that, and the fact I drew that rune for you certainly indicates that you have that strength in you. Uruz knows how to push through change, as well – it is not just a passive beast of burden. Think of bulls that charge, and think of taking the bull by the horns. That’s more or less what you are going to have to do. For a craftswoman artist like yourself, Uruz is a wonderful rune, because it is also the rune of shaping, of producing, of making things happen, of depending on your energy to carry through a project.

“Don’t do” – Berkana. The Birch. Now that is an interesting rune, because it is the rune of beginnings. It is telling you not to start from scratch, not to drop everything for the grand life of an Artist. Because birches grow in groves, Berkana is also the rune of families, and this, I think, is telling you not to depend on what is too familiar – stretch yourself outside your comfort zone. Berkana is said to be the womb of the mother goddess, because of its shape (it looks like a B – breasts, or a pregnant woman). It is a rune that suggests the earth and gestation. It’s telling you that the time for gestation and small beginnings is over – you have enough confidence and strength, and expertise in your arts to go for it (Uruz), though the going might get tough. It is also telling you that acting in a feminine fashion is not the way to go now. Berkana is female energy, whereas Uruz is male, and this reading is clearly telling you that if you want to make money with your art, as well as find emotional satisfaction, you are going to have to break down a few fences and not be too dainty about it.

The outcome is – Nauthiz, Need. How badly do you want this? No, I’ll rephrase: how badly do you need this? Because Nauthiz not only predicts delay and a hard road, but is also telling you that if you want to make it with your arts, you have to be hungry. With Uruz on your side, you have all the strength and power you need to take on the challenge of Nauthiz – but only if you have that need in your belly – the one that says: I can do that and nothing else. If security and comfort are more important to you – then don't even start: you wouldn't make it.

The whole reading seems to be singing that song to me – “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”. It’s in your hands Zannamarie. The reward is nine cups of gold brimming with happiness and success. But what an adventure to get there!

zannamarie

Fudugazi said:
I took out my Thoth for this question - monetary and emotional success in a creative career:

Where you are: The Star
Where you want to be: 9 of Cups (subtitled Happiness).

Interesting that purple/lavender, and blue dominates both cards, bringing a strong spiritual element to the question. In the second card, the flowers are gold and shine a golden light on the purple cups, which makes me think not only of emotional and spiritual success, but of prosperity :)
I had reading done for me a month or so ago and the person said she picked up purple swirling energies around me. Two days later, someone did an intuitive card reading for me and the woman on the card was wearing a lavender shawl. So that color does seem to come up often for me.

Fudugazi said:
Cups dominate both these cards, since the Star maiden - in the Thoth the goddess Nuit - pours two cups out: she is seated on a crystal and pours spirals of purple into the starlit night. Her hair undulates back and forth too. Crowley writes of the spiral that it is, as geometry, the best approximation of life, which is more like a spiral than a straight line. Our goals are seldom reached by the shortest route between two dots – or two tarot cards. Even space curves, and time certainly does. Bear that in mind for your question. The overall message of these two cards seems to be – keep flowing towards your goals and remain flexible.
Interesting information about the spirals. Our DNA is a spiral shaped molecule.

Fudugazi said:
The first I drew – “Do” – was Uruz, which means Ox, Bull, or Auroch – a large extinct bull from Northern Europe. All these are symbols of strength, endurance and hard work. Oxen, of course, were used as work animals for much of human history, and still are in parts of the world, as is their cousin, the water-buffalo. They have a huge capacity to pull heavy weights for long periods of time. So the advice here seems to be – do yoke yourself to that cart that is your cherished creative life, and pull. It will demand endurance, hard work and commitment in order to pay, and not just give you some enjoyable hobbies. Uruz gives you the strength to do that, and the fact I drew that rune for you certainly indicates that you have that strength in you. Uruz knows how to push through change, as well – it is not just a passive beast of burden. Think of bulls that charge, and think of taking the bull by the horns. That’s more or less what you are going to have to do. For a craftswoman artist like yourself, Uruz is a wonderful rune, because it is also the rune of shaping, of producing, of making things happen, of depending on your energy to carry through a project.
I do have the ability to hunker down and do what is necessary to get something done. In the Sacred Contracts study, I had the Athlete archetype in my Health/Career house and I wrote that although I’ve never actually run a marathon, I have figuratively done work marathons - weeks on end without a day off. (I plan to pace myself better in the future in that I will take better care of my personal self during those times. My health suffered a bit on some of those ‘marathons’.) And I know I have to be more confident of my skills/abilities so trusting and believing in myself is part of taking the bull by the horns.

Fudugazi said:
“Don’t do” – Berkana. The Birch. Now that is an interesting rune, because it is the rune of beginnings. It is telling you not to start from scratch, not to drop everything for the grand life of an Artist. Because birches grow in groves, Berkana is also the rune of families, and this, I think, is telling you not to depend on what is too familiar – stretch yourself outside your comfort zone. Berkana is said to be the womb of the mother goddess, because of its shape (it looks like a B – breasts, or a pregnant woman). It is a rune that suggests the earth and gestation. It’s telling you that the time for gestation and small beginnings is over – you have enough confidence and strength, and expertise in your arts to go for it (Uruz), though the going might get tough. It is also telling you that acting in a feminine fashion is not the way to go now. Berkana is female energy, whereas Uruz is male, and this reading is clearly telling you that if you want to make money with your art, as well as find emotional satisfaction, you are going to have to break down a few fences and not be too dainty about it.
So I should be a bull (ox) in a china shop. :D
I’ve only once done something creative and been paid for it so going this route is outside of my comfort zone. And I’ve not really attempted to work on my own although I have done research in the past about what is needed business-wise to do it. But others have done it so I know I can do it too if I put the effort into it. And I will take the advice about not being wimpy about it. That mental block is probably my biggest hurdle.

Fudugazi said:
The outcome is – Nauthiz, Need. How badly do you want this? No, I’ll rephrase: how badly do you need this? Because Nauthiz not only predicts delay and a hard road, but is also telling you that if you want to make it with your arts, you have to be hungry. With Uruz on your side, you have all the strength and power you need to take on the challenge of Nauthiz – but only if you have that need in your belly – the one that says: I can do that and nothing else. If security and comfort are more important to you – then don't even start: you wouldn't make it.
Fire in the belly. Security and comfort is what I had with my previous careers but personal fulfillment wasn’t there. I know I can do a lot of things and do them well but I’m going after personal fulfillment that also supports me financially.

Fudugazi said:
The whole reading seems to be singing that song to me – “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”. It’s in your hands Zannamarie. The reward is nine cups of gold brimming with happiness and success. But what an adventure to get there!
Maybe I should start sketching out that book that will describe how I made it to the top, and thus I’ll have the material for the early days already written. ;)

Sophie

zannamarie said:
Hanged Man in Merryday is titled Journeyman and depicts a bald, nude man beside the twelve-spoked wheel of life. He is eager to fill the remaining sections of the wheel with experience.

Judgment has a mermaid and a merman with an arm around each other. Both of them are above waters with grasping hands coming from it. They “have finally fought free of the clutching hands of emotional stagnation” according to the accompanying text.
I didn't know the Merryday - these are fabulous cards! I feel very much as though the wheel has been slowed down, and there are still spokes to be added to it...but I have learnt, too, that the best place to be on a wheel is at the centre. Things have started to shift already, so I guess the energy of the Journeyman is at play. Interesting that the card is subtitled change and movement, whereas in most decks it is stasis. In our case, I guess change is more relevant. Things have not been static, though little has appeared on the surface, until recently. The Judgement card is gorgeous - liberation, and love restored!

These iced cookies are harder to decipher (as to what animal it is) but I think this is a cow. It landed icing side up and it’s white icing so I think the advice is to milk this for all its worth. :D The cow is on its back with its feet in the air so depending upon your relationship with this person, it could mean a quite nice reunion (wink, wink). But you didn’t mention the type of relationship so that comment might not be appropriate. So in that case, being on one’s back might not be a comfortable position. But in this case, that’s the only way this animal’s head would be pointing to the direction I consider the future. And considering that I think you picked the Hanged Man because things have not been going anywhere, I think that is a good sign. So let this person figuratively ‘be on top’ and take the more submissive role. Play up how wonderful the other person is. There’s plenty of icing on this cookie so be very ‘sweet’ with this person and lay it on thick and you’ll have a good time.
Hehe, don't worry, I will MILK! (and since it'll be my birthday, I will have every reason to). I am hoping for a nice reunion (wink, wink). Sorry, the fact that cow landed on its back is so funny. The universe loves a joke - how literal can you get! I'll be cow-like and submissive and sweet, then ;). Very feminine animal.

ORACLE 2 - Don’t Do This - Caution.
Well this cookie appears to be a rhino and it is practically touching the cow. So I think the advice is to not get too close to the other person. I don’t know how well this will show up on the photo but this cookie has both pink and white icing on it. The lower part of the rhino (feet) is what is closest to the cow and that is the part that is pink and I can even see some bits of red. If you get too close, things will get hot (hence the pink/red color) and it’s going to make things uncomfortable. This cookie is almost the exact same position as the first one so it’s on it’s back but heading to the future. So while you’re laying it on thick, don’t get too close. I’d say to keep it more light-hearted and fun so you don’t end up getting singed and hurt.
. OK - sweet but not too close. Keep some mystery... Another thing occurs to me with the rhino (one of the Big Five of Africa) - rhinos are notorious for charging, but since they are very short-sighted, they charge almost blindly. I can see the caution against that...it will be a full moon week-end exactly opposite my natal sun, so I might be a bit emotional - I must remember not to charge! That tallies very well with your advice about keeping away from too much heat. I have a temper, alas...

ORACLE 3 - Probable Outcome.
Oh, dear! The cookie broke upon impact. :( I’ve got crumbs on the table again. Oh, well. While broken cookies are a little messy, they aren’t necessarily a bad thing. We’ll see what we’ve got here.

This is an elephant with all white icing. It’s upright and heading to the future but is mostly is ‘behind’ the other two cookies so it looks like they would get there first. So I think you’ll make some progress, and at least get things heading the right direction, but it may well not be as much progress as you’d like to make. The back legs/feet of the elephant are what broke off and they went flying to the future. They are pretty much at the same place as the other two cookies so you will definitely make a bit of progress on this weekend. And since they are the legs, the progress will be something to ‘stand on’ or something to support where you’d like to go with this relationship. So this does look good.
Oh, I really like that image! You know, in the old days, they used to make stools out of elephants' feet. Something solid to stand on or sit on. Your interpretation makes sense. I don't think everything will be resolved this week-end, since a lot depends on courage and endurance - that is where the elephant is so useful too, being such a long-living, enduring animal. Caring, too. Elephants are the largest earth-bound mammal, another African Big Five. And indeed, this is a BIG relationship, very meaningful for us both, but it has suffered from problems to do with previous commitments, which he is in the process of working through at the moment. After the week-end will start the work of bringing the rest of the elephant towards its feet ;).

Overall
So I’d say to keep an open mind, don’t set overly high expectations, and you’ll have a great time and make some progress in the direction you’d like to be going with this relationship. Except for that little bit of pink (hmmm - maybe you should watch out for a little sunburn?), we’ve got consistency in the colors so the weekend will go smoothly.
Good advice - including about the sunburn!. I have noticed something. All three are solid, slow, earth-bound animals, but capable of sudden swift movement when necessary.

Ok, it’s now time to munch the reading. Then I’ll go have dinner. One should always make sure they have room for dessert by having it first. :D
I quite agree. Wish I could have shared it :D

I hope you’ve found the reading helpful. I apologize if the ‘wink, wink’ comment in the first cookie is not appropriate. My mind just went straight to the gutter when that cookie fell. That’s not a usual reaction as I’ve had many cookies land on their back and that didn't come to mind on the other ones. A lot of others things (all in the gutter) came to mind so I stopped myself and put a little ‘cleaner’ spin on what the cookie was saying. :D
Don't worry, the winks and gutter humour are pretty appropriate...}). I was glad the elephant came right way up, though, because this relationship is a great deal more. But well, lovers' reunions to tend to be...you know!

Thanks Zannamarie, and I shall keep up updated. Enjoy the cookies!