3 Card Spread. Did I get it right?

AkiraOkihu

Hey there! I am new to Lenormand, my book and deck just arrived (a few weeks ago, but I didn't get the time to check them out) and I wanted to hop right in and see how a reading would feel (as I have before experienced Tarot, I love both systems) so I asked the cards about a girl I know, not necessarily having feelings for her, but out of curiosity. The question was something along the line of "What would happen if we become a couple?"

I got Anchor + Crissroads + Sun. I get that she is a mature and confident person and choosing her would bring me happiness. (again, I don't have feelings for her, it's more of an "if that would happen") Well, how good did I do. I used the meanings in the books for this :), though there are sooo many possible interpretations.

I also asked the cards to describe that person. I got House + Fox + Clouds. I get that she is a protective person (maybe a jealous one?), a good observer if people and inspiring a liytle bit oof untrustfulness,that also is quite irritable. Well, these I picked because I also know her and they seemed to fit, but what if I hadn't known her? From that multitude of possible interpretations, how do you choose a meaning?

As a last question I asked the cards to describe my odeal girl. I got Ship + Cross + Crossroads. Hmm... This seems off by quite a bit. There aren't many physical traits for either of the cards in "The Essential Lenormand", nor are there many about the personality. I get she would be a spontaneous person (yeah, let's say this is right) with broad shoulders (not really, but this is the oonly meaning that isn't sad iin some way or another) that's a very good diplomat and an independent person. I kind oof still get the feeling the cards are describing the person I asked about earlier (this is not my idea of a "perfect" girl) I'd appreciate some help with this one.

So, how well dd I do? Please keep in mind that I am just beginning this journey. If you know any good resources, i'll gladly check everything out. I know about learnlenormand.com, Donna Leigh and I also have "The Essential Lenormand". Thanks!

Teheuti

The question was something along the line of "What would happen if we become a couple?"

I got Anchor + Crissroads + Sun. I get that she is a mature and confident person and choosing her would bring me happiness. (again, I don't have feelings for her, it's more of an "if that would happen") Well, how good did I do.
A lot depends on how you read a short line-layout. Is the main focus card (the subject) the first or middle card? For short layouts, the way you ask the question is all-important. Your question, as asked, does not point to a description of the person, so eliminate that part.

You can read it as a sentence: Subject-Adjective-Adjective/Verb/Development:
Anchor - successful enterprise; faithful love; stability; attachment.
Crossroads - choice; opportunities; rescue. Adjective: several, conflicting, two.
Sun - when near= adjective: happy; fortuitous. Verb: grows, enlightens.

"Conflicting enterprises fortuitously grow?" "Rescued attachments enlighten." Try a few other variations.

Or you can then read all the pairs:

Anchor-Crossroads: alternate stabilities.
Crossroads-Sun: enlightening choices.
Anchor-Sun: fortuitous enterprises.
Try some other variations.

Personally I think the spread points more to your ambiguity (Crossroads) about what you were asking for with your question - stability (Anchor) or happiness (Sun)?