3 cards, your take? 2nd reading

misfitknits

another reading, done right after #1

This reading was split from this thread: http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=141234

i did this reading immediately after the first reading that is posted above. it sheds light on what the first reading may have been referring to, instead of just "take it easy (in some general area of life)".

3 card reading
spread: past/ present/ future
no real question posted again. *are you supposed to ask a question for a past, present, future reading and then apply it to the positions?*

past: 2 of cups
recognizing love in someone else, happy partnership. as soon as i saw this card, i thought of my wedding day to my current husband. in the "past" position, i saw this as a happier time, as we've come across alot of hardship recently.

present: queen of swords
again, i got an instant reaction to this card: this is my attitude right now, how i've been acting and reacting within our family structure. since we've had our two children, i've had to become like the queen of swords; authoritarian, wanting total control, harsh, sometimes cold and biting. as a mother, i've had to take on all the rules and disciplinary actions, as my husband is very soft and basically refuses to do it. this card is a real eye-opener here, it's made me feel pretty crappy about the way i can act and react sometimes.

future: 5 swords
i see the gloating man in the 5 of swords as what i can become if i don't try to tone down my queen of swords attitude. like i'm going to become the bully of the household. the other 2 men in the card are walking away, heads hung low, seems like my family feeling the effects of sometimes short temper and cold actions.

so, taking both readings as a whole, i see the first reading almost warning me, take this time to relax while the kids are gone. don't do anymore readings about yourself, or it's going to break your heart. the second reading did hit me right in the gut, i was pretty shocked. but i'm glad i did it, because it was a HUGE wake up call to me.

do you think the two readings are related to each other? i am interested to hear opinions on this one! :D

starrystarrynight

misfitknits said:
past: 2 of cups
recognizing love in someone else, happy partnership. as soon as i saw this card, i thought of my wedding day to my current husband. in the "past" position, i saw this as a happier time, as we've come across alot of hardship recently.
In the past, you felt as if you had a real creative and romantic partnership...and you did. But things are likely not quite so happy these days, as evidenced first by the fact that this energy is in the past, and second, that the further cards that you drew point to why.

present: queen of swords
again, i got an instant reaction to this card: this is my attitude right now, how i've been acting and reacting within our family structure. since we've had our two children, i've had to become like the queen of swords; authoritarian, wanting total control, harsh, sometimes cold and biting. as a mother, i've had to take on all the rules and disciplinary actions, as my husband is very soft and basically refuses to do it. this card is a real eye-opener here, it's made me feel pretty crappy about the way i can act and react sometimes.
Now, however, you feel as if you are going it alone...like you have to do all the thinking and communicating in what should be a balanced and equal partnership.

future: 5 swords
i see the gloating man in the 5 of swords as what i can become if i don't try to tone down my queen of swords attitude. like i'm going to become the bully of the household. the other 2 men in the card are walking away, heads hung low, seems like my family feeling the effects of sometimes short temper and cold actions.
This could lead you to resorting to embarrassing and humilitating others to get your point across. It also suggests that your current thought processes (what you believe to be true right now) will soon change in an unsettled or upsetting way, and it could be you who are embarrassed by this future change.

[This all could be following the first spread which might have been trying to tell you that at the moment, you may have retreated to your corner to lick your wounds from some recent battles (Four of Swords), but that doesn't mean that the arguing is over...just that it is at a state of pause right now. And that could be because the Three of Swords is letting you know that there is still stuff festering under the surface--things that need to be communicated but aren't being communicated. It could also suggest that a third party is causing some trouble in your current energy sphere. This is all leading to more frustration and despair on your part (Seven of Pentacles)...and then to the further explanation offered with this second three-card reading.]

That would be my take on your cards.

no real question posted again. *are you supposed to ask a question for a past, present, future reading and then apply it to the positions?*
I'm not sure if I understand you, but I think my answer would be that if I ask a question (say, "what do I need to know right now?" or "what are the strongest energies in my life right now?" , I would then look at the Past position card to let me know what energy brought me to where I stand currently in the situation...to the Present position to tell me what it is I most need to know at the moment or what energy is affecting my life most strongly...and then to the future position, which tells me what I might expect to have happen as the outcome or future energy based on the two previous cards.

It's like a Before-During-and After explanation. What came before that brought me to this point? What is going on right now in the situation? And where is it going to lead me?

Is that what you meant?

misfitknits

starrystarrynight, thank you for your great reply! that much input really means a lot to me!

starrystarrynight said:
In the past, you felt as if you had a real creative and romantic partnership...and you did. But things are likely not quite so happy these days, as evidenced first by the fact that this energy is in the past, and second, that the further cards that you drew point to why.

yes, this is true. it's not that we don't love each other, this is just one of those times in a relationship where you have to focus on other things than romance and being lovey-dovey with each other. we hardly even time to pay attention to each other. *i don't want people to think we hate each other, we are just having rough patches*

starrystarrynight said:
Now, however, you feel as if you are going it alone...like you have to do all the thinking and communicating in what should be a balanced and equal partnership.

this is very accurate. the thing we focus most on in our house is our 5 and 3 year old children, especially for me, as i'm a stay at home mom. but since my husband won't enforce rules and makes me do 100% of the discipline, this is exactly how i feel. like, "why won't/can't he help me deal with behavioral issues?!?!"

starrystarrynight said:
This could lead you to resorting to embarrassing and humilitating others to get your point across. It also suggests that your current thought processes (what you believe to be true right now) will soon change in an unsettled or upsetting way, and it could be you who are embarrassed by this future change.

that is disturbing foreshadowing. well, i don't try to embarrass or humiliate my children. but i could see that as maybe referring to my husband. it sounds really harsh when i type that, but it's not that bad IRL. it's more like, he doesn't listen to my advice, so i let him try to figure it out on his own, and then when it fails miserably, i step in and try to help again. i'm not saying it's right, i'm only trying to give honest feedback to the feedback that has been given me.

so, i agree wholeheartedly with what you've said about the second spread.

*you don't have to comment on the following paragraph, unless you want to , of course* i also see how you got to your conclusion about the first reading, but i don't think i would have EVER been able to read that in the cards, had it not been for the second reading. it only makes sense to me when you put it into context with the second spread- because that tells me where the heart ache is coming from (which is why i had initially put the two readings together, but i understand that those are the rules).

and lastly: yes, you understood my correctly about asking questions for the past/present/future spread. i did the above readings asking "what do i need to know right now". but i really like the way you explain it, it helps me understand the simple 3 card PPF reading in a better way:

starrystarrynight said:
if I ask a question (say, "what do I need to know right now?" or "what are the strongest energies in my life right now?" , I would then look at the Past position card to let me know what energy brought me to where I stand currently in the situation...to the Present position to tell me what it is I most need to know at the moment or what energy is affecting my life most strongly...and then to the future position, which tells me what I might expect to have happen as the outcome or future energy based on the two previous cards.

It's like a Before-During-and After explanation. What came before that brought me to this point? What is going on right now in the situation? And where is it going to lead me?

thank you so much!!!! your insights were invaluable! :heart: