3 of Swords as a GOOD thing?

laurab

I was reading for myself and I pulled the 3 of Swords and believe it or not, I got a really giddy feeling when I saw this normally icky card...

My question had to do with when/how soon and other events surrounding my thoughts of resigning from a job where I've been for over ten years. Lately I've been wishing to move on, for myself and as a result of negative things that have been building for awhile.

I'm wondering if I'M the one who is going to throw the curveball into someone else's lives? It is not my intent to be cruel and my plan is to make it as an amiable departure as I possibly can. My departure won't be opportune for the organization, but there is a part of me who delights in the thought of making them realizing what they had when I go.

I was just so happy when I saw this card because it seemed like Yes! You WILL be cutting out this negativity in your life very soon.

star-lover

its a good card for putting things to bed - and especially things that have bothered you for a while - can also signify revenge - most companies that i know of don't care about their employees really - just another number and life moves on - if its your boss or another colleague who you want to feel they didnt know how good you were till they lose you, then fine, but i'd say you wont get that satisfaction from the organisation itself - organisations i find are impersonal

as for you staying in order not to make anyone elses life problematic, i would steer away from that kind of thinking - take care of your own needs and the rest will take care of itself

good luck

Babylon_Jasmine

I think it depends on the deck as well as the context. In the Thoth deck 3 of Swords is sorrow which is not alwyas a bad thing. Sometimes it is neccessary and can even have a certain melancholy appeal. Meanwhile in the Rider Waite deck it is closer to complete heartbreak, with undertones of betrayal and I have never seen it as a positive card at all.

Fulgour

Hello Laura B

laurab said:
I was just so happy when I saw this card because it seemed like Yes! You WILL be cutting out this negativity in your life very soon.
From your profile I notice you have The Mythic
and so I thought it might help to have a view,
along with the pertinent page from the book.

Attachments

• 3 of Swords - Mythic with Book.jpg
    3 of Swords - Mythic with Book.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 128

laurab

Fulgour said:
From your profile I notice you have The Mythic
and so I thought it might help to have a view,
along with the pertinent page from the book.

Oh thank you that was very nice of. I do have my book still and did take its explanation into account, but this was more of a gut reaction thing that I thought, "Hmmm, can that be right?" because I've gotten that card for less favorable circumstances.

Voron

I was at an astrology seminar a while back, and I pulled the (Radiant RWS) 3 of swords as my card of the day. Now I was startled at first, but decided to not jump to conclusions. Well, during the course of the day, the speaker wove a very poignant story of necessary partings, and also told the story of the death of his father. It even turned out that the Lunar phase configuration in my chart corresponded with this idea of bittersweet goodbye -- the soul attached to situations in this world but ready to return to the world beyond. The moment when I realized I was being smacked in the face with my card's energy was quite an epiphany. I've had a different outlook on that card ever since.