3 of Swords - Positives

janie144

How would you read this card as a positive?

I did a spread last night which was overall a very positive spread but I stumbled a bit when the 3 of Swords came up in the position of "what X loves about Y"

Any ideas? How would you read this card in that position?

Nachtigall

I'd say, their ability to tell the truth as it is, no matter how unpleasant and painful it may be.

Kgirl

Perhaps there is something about their relationship that aides X in releasing alot of pain? Maybe X has some deep-seated issues that have been hard to confront and something about Y helps them release those issues.

Amanda

Perhaps X appreciates Y's honesty.

Anna Supertramp

I get that, too, sometimes, as something positive. To me, it means someone's ability to be vulnerable, which is a beautiful thing, but I have also understood it as someone who has been hurt a lot and has grown and matured from it. Someone who is a survivor and has dealt with things and has a lot of knowledge because of that. Or, as someone else has said, I also like the idea that it could mean X makes Y's pain less pronounced. And if he/she has been hurt in her life, this hurt won't be repeated with this person.

phrygian

Perhaps Y has shared some of their most painful thoughts and and past sufferings, cried on X's shoulder and X was there to hold Y, provide comfort, pick them up, and now their building something stronger and powerful together.

Hard to say really without some background on the other cards and meaning

Tiggy-cat

My immediate take, fwiw as I'm not very experienced in this, is that perhaps Y has a way of "getting to the heart of the matter". Maybe Y always sees straight through to the core of a situation and "nails it", as they say?

tarotcognito

What came to my mind was that X loves Y`s ability to separate reason from feeling, to not let intense feelings overwhelm the capacity to think critically, to keep their cool.