3 of swords - what to do?

earth mama

Hello all.
I've been having a few problems with my ex lately and have been feeling very confused and hurt. I drew 3 cards no particular spread just asked what i should do. I drew the 3 of Swords and the 7 of Cups and i can't remember the other one but anyway i'm not really sure what this is telling me. Maybe it's telling me i should give up the fantasy? Or to get ready to have my heart broken cause i've just been wishful thinking? Just really not sure what to do i want to take some action but they don't seem like very active cards. Any ideas?

MercyMe

You're definitely trying to protect your heart from pain by escaping into some wishful, fantasy thinking. In your post, I can hear whispers of "Here we go again." It sounds like you're running into the same or similar difficult dynamics with your ex that came between you before. I don't think the cards are advising anything, not telling you what to do, just showing you what's going on inside of you. You may want to ask them for advice.

wakeboarder

The first thing that that came to me when I read your post was that the illusions and fantasy world needs to end (7 cups) and to do that, you need to create the confrontation (3 swords) because it's going to happen at some point. Sooner's usually better than later. Just my interpretation though.

~Wakeboarder

minotaur

three of swords

I've mentioned this before, but this site is a big place...

I've always seen the three of swords in the Rider and similar decks as, "....forgiving someone that doesn't deserve it".

BrightEye

I always see the 7 of Cups as having to make a choice or decision in matters of the heart. You have to choose one of the seven cups and they all promise different things. It may be that either the choice will cause the heartbreak because if you choose one thing you will have to let go of another. Or the cards are telling you that in order to avoid heartbreak you have to make a decision. I would definitely recommend a larger spread to shed more light on the situation.