3 of swords

aquanesha

How do you interpret this card in the advice position?

WhiteRaven

Allow yourself/the querant to "feel" the emotions that are within. When doing so, you are acknowledging those feelings and at the same time cleansing your emotional state....

walk through it....acknowledge it, feel it and then let it go....

Apollonia

I agree totally with WhiteRaven. The only thing I would add is that sometimes I also see the suggestion for counseling or peer group work to facilitate the recognition and healing of what has happened.

Thirteen

aquanesha said:
How do you interpret this card in the advice position?
Another option: be prepared for heartache, brace yourself--someone might tell you something hurtful.

I do agree that there is a "let it go" element to the advice as well. Rather like lancing a boil. It's going to hurt, but the poison that's been building up will be drained out, so hang in there. It's for the best.

rash212

in the advice position i would take the card as:-

* don't let people's critisms get to you

* beware of letting yourself slip into "self-pity", "heart-aches"

* learn to "let go" *(as Thirteen) mentioned in the above thread

* crying is not the solution, taking some action is!!!!

jojojo

rash212 said:
crying is not the solution, taking some action is!!!!
I agree - for advice it could be telling you to cut throught that stalemate of the 2 of swords...just be careful not to be too cutting or your words be too harsh.

Dean

U.k

Hi
This card can be a bitter pill to swallow if it comes at the advice position, depending of course on what situation is surrounding you at present. It usually means pain and sorrow to do with a broken relationship, maybe take care with dealing with people around you.

tmgrl2

Triple swords ...sometimes we have been our own worst enemy and when the result of that impacts our mind, body and spirit, we are finally moved to deal with the problems....so we can move forward.

terri

Ladybro

May be unexpected news make you feel uncomfortable

Al Si'ra

When i see this card in such position..i tell the querant-or myself- to get right to the heart of the matter-face the reality..and reality bites-but once you face it; then you can move on to a brighter future ..the more you hold on to your illusions and mental worries the more it causes fear and pain..the most important thing-and the hardest of course, is to take that first step..then it becomes easier..with this card there is a release of pain of the past&mental worries which causes the heart to suffer-and your heart can beat again if only you admit that there is a problem which should be solved..I have always seen this card as a very positive card..In many decks this card is portrayed with the symbol of a heart-three swords stabbed in..but when we take it from a physical perspective...think..what if someone really stabbed 3 swords in your heart..you would feel *pain*..but you could at least feel something-deeply..and it is much better than becoming numb and getting stuck as portrayed in 2 of swords..it's like love..love is both pain and pleasure..one cannot exist without the another..So if you want the pleasure, let the pain come in..as an advice..

And btw i saw this card in personal readings as meaning communication is needed-honest communication..

Just some thoughts

:love: