5 of Swords

page of wands

Why is the man holding 5 swords? Shouldn't he be holding 3? One for him, and the two from the other two guys?

He defeated 4 men, and when he was done he took their sword. He's a bully. The swords are expensive, and that's why he wanted them.

Is there a reason why there are two guys shown? What happened to the other two guys that were defeated?

Um...those two guys were hurt the most by the defeat, and are emotionally upset. I don't know what happened to the other two.

What do you think?

page of wands

Why is the man holding 5 swords? Shouldn't he be holding 3? One for him, and the two from the other two guys?

He defeated 4 men, and when he was done he took their sword. He's a bully. The swords are expensive, and that's why he wanted them.

Is there a reason why there are two guys shown? What happened to the other two guys that were defeated?

Um...those two guys were hurt the most by the defeat, and are emotionally upset. I don't know what happened to the other two.

What do you think?

no one else wants to tell the story of the card? :(

gregory

(You aren't supposed to bump threads unless you have something new to add...)

However - not all decks have the same image, so.... And often a warrior will have a sword in each hand, anyway. That would give up to six for the image you describe.

What Thirteen has to say about this makes sense to me.
A smirking young man gathers up swords won in battle from two, humiliated losers. In arguments and battles of ideas there are going to be times when one just loses or has to surrender. The winner seen in this card has clearly been winning fights. Maybe fairly, maybe not, but it is clear that he has some advantage as well as the confidence that no one can beat him.
Pride can make us blind to our own limits and weaknesses. It can lure us into fights we weren't ready for, or weren't equal to winning. Most of the time, we probably knew it was a bad idea, yet we let ourselves be tricked, lured, or goaded into fighting. And now we are dishonored.

Laurelle

It's an unfair battle. He is taking the swords because he wants them for the sake of greed. The other men know that it's an unfair fight and so they relinquish their swords and walk away.

Sometimes you must choose your battles carefully and most battles aren't really worth it, at least, I have come to this conclusion in my own life. But in this card, the man will fight a battle even when there aren't any winners.

It's like fighting someone and you keep walking away, but the person keeps coming back and you just keep walking away. You know the type and I'm sure we have all been in those situation. Sometimes we just need to hang that phone up or walk away. And the funny thing is that when you do walk away or hang up that phone, the other person (whose holding the swords) thinks that they have "won."

It is better to kill someone with kindness....which the 5 of Swords does not represent. :love:

In readings, the 5 of Swords can indicate sociopathic behavior and I read in the book The Sociopath Next Door that 1 in 4 people are sociopaths, meaning that they really can't feel anything other than for themselves. Different degrees exist, but you should be leary when this card comes up.

page of wands

(You aren't supposed to bump threads unless you have something new to add...)

However - not all decks have the same image, so.... And often a warrior will have a sword in each hand, anyway. That would give up to six for the image you describe.

What Thirteen has to say about this makes sense to me.

oh i'm sorry for bumping.

page of wands

It's an unfair battle. He is taking the swords because he wants them for the sake of greed. The other men know that it's an unfair fight and so they relinquish their swords and walk away.

Sometimes you must choose your battles carefully and most battles aren't really worth it, at least, I have come to this conclusion in my own life. But in this card, the man will fight a battle even when there aren't any winners.

It's like fighting someone and you keep walking away, but the person keeps coming back and you just keep walking away. You know the type and I'm sure we have all been in those situation. Sometimes we just need to hang that phone up or walk away. And the funny thing is that when you do walk away or hang up that phone, the other person (whose holding the swords) thinks that they have "won."

It is better to kill someone with kindness....which the 5 of Swords does not represent. :love:

In readings, the 5 of Swords can indicate sociopathic behavior and I read in the book The Sociopath Next Door that 1 in 4 people are sociopaths, meaning that they really can't feel anything other than for themselves. Different degrees exist, but you should be leary when this card comes up.

wow that's pretty intense! thank you for your insight. i felt like the card was telling me something about myself, and I needed to apologize for the way I treated someone. I was being insensitive to their feelings.