6 of Swords as the Inner Child?

liberated inferno

I was wondering in a general context could the 6/Swords mean to consider and think about the Inner Child? The journey from troubled to safe waters could mean seeing the need to consider yourself completely, including the inner child that's within all of us.

What do you guys think?

kglyphics

Perhaps the person had a troubled past and their inner child is helping them to move into calmer waters.

SA12

Intuitively I feel like the 6 of Swords may be hinting at an abusive or painful childhood -- especially if you have some nasty ill-dignified Kings or Devil figure hovering around. Notice how the swords in rws are staggered? It's almost like the stages of grief. Additionally, it may be helpful to meditate on which of the figures in the boat your seeker most identifies with. If the card is surfacing now, your seeker may be at a point where they are ready to face and release the pain of the past; therapy may be helpful.

liberated inferno

Intuitively I feel like the 6 of Swords may be hinting at an abusive or painful childhood -- especially if you have some nasty ill-dignified Kings or Devil figure hovering around. Notice how the swords in rws are staggered? It's almost like the stages of grief. Additionally, it may be helpful to meditate on which of the figures in the boat your seeker most identifies with. If the card is surfacing now, your seeker may be at a point where they are ready to face and release the pain of the past; therapy may be helpful.

Thank you for this, your interpretation makes a lot of sense! Again, looks like an inner calling to heal some wounds from childhood.

liberated inferno

Perhaps the person had a troubled past and their inner child is helping them to move into calmer waters.

Yeah, I'm starting to view another facet of this as healing the Inner Child and moving towards safer waters.

poppiesrossi

I also see moving away from the painful past..

I can also see an abusive or unhappy childhood.. if indicated by other cards..

but the inner child is strong because of this and they will find a way to navigate from these painful memories to heal.

A problem solver.. who can help others in their times of need because this person has been through a lot him or her self.

I can also see someone who uses the water to heal... that being near the ocean will have a very therapeutic effect on this person..

Padma

You will find some measure of comfort by learning to mother yourself; nurture the inner child, and the waters will part for you and there will be forward movement; the inner child is actually very well-protected, and feels safe; a vacation or a rest may rejuvenate your health, making you feel youthful again. Some of the ways in which I see the inner child applying to this card. ;)

SA12

Thank you for this, your interpretation makes a lot of sense! Again, looks like an inner calling to heal some wounds from childhood.

Yes, and since you are seeing swords/air here, I really think talking about it or otherwise communicating your experiences in some way to a trusted person or friend is going to be part of the healing process.