6 wands

palin

Hi,

I have done a few readings in the past for a friend of mine who was going through a very bad patch last year when she met her current boyfriend.
Ever since they have been together he has been very supportive and has acted quite protective.

She has asked me a few times to question the cards about his feelings for her.

6 wands very often comes up.

First I thought the 6 wands hinted at the sexual attraction he has towards her.
I am now thinking that she makes him feel good about himself being her 'hero' so to speak.

What is your take on this card when talking about feelings?

Thanks

GreenMoonBeam

He feels very good about being protective of her and is aiming to be the best
for her, like her champion.

GB! :):

sacredashes

palin said:
Hi,

I have done a few readings in the past for a friend of mine who was going through a very bad patch last year when she met her current boyfriend.
Ever since they have been together he has been very supportive and has acted quite protective.

She has asked me a few times to question the cards about his feelings for her.

6 wands very often comes up.

It may indicate that his concern for her, the way he treats her makes her feel special; good about herself.

The fact that she needs clarification about his feelings for her despite the way he has been treating her may indicate insecurities on her part which is understandable; because of what she's been through.

Sometimes its hard to believe something is good is happening to us when we've been conditioned to the opposite. Perhaps the card is telling her that she is more than what she gives herself credit for; that she does deserve someone who is supportive.

Just a thought.

Ash

palin

Thank you

Yes it is true that she needs reassurance, probably because this lovely relationship happened so quickly that she feels it is not bound to last.

I always get nice readings for her though. The 6 wands really suit him. He is actually quite a lonely guy who seems to have found happiness in her happiness.

I am just a bit confused. I would understand better 6 wands as him feelings towards her not the opposite...

Thirteen

palin said:
Yes it is true that she needs reassurance, probably because this lovely relationship happened so quickly that she feels it is not bound to last.

I always get nice readings for her though. The 6 wands really suit him. He is actually quite a lonely guy who seems to have found happiness in her happiness.
I think the cards are saying a lot of different things with this card. Yes, he's her hero, but she's, likewise, is his hero, saving him from loneliness. And he's happy to applaud her and reassure her that he does care for her, and he's certainly passionate about her, and focused entirely on her, as if she was up on that horse, a hero that he adores and admires and wants to make happy.

But I think this card has another message for her as well: Yes, we all need to be reassured by our partners now and then that we are beautiful and wonderful and loved. But to put them in a position where they must always gaze up at us with admiration, and applaud us as the conquering hero...that's not a good thing.

She needs to work on her insecurities, and know that she's loved and adored without having to be constantly told so. She needs to know that yes, SHE is the one and only hero for him, and he's not going to be distracted by any other. Because the words "you're wonderful" mean less and less if you make someone keep saying them to you--mean less to them and less to you.

The best and truest adoration is that which is given to you freely and unexpectedly.

GreenMoonBeam

Well when I look at the 6 of wands of RW deck, it is a very happy and joyous
card. I see a young man on horseback who looks as if he is returning in triumph
to his lady-love. I sense happiness and expectation from him that he will be
with her. He conveys his joy at this.

sacredashes

palin said:
I am just a bit confused. I would understand better 6 wands as him feelings towards her not the opposite...

I read the cards from the querent's point of view as a personal practice but your interpretation is as it should be ;)

If that's what the cards tell you, then listen to your inner voice because you're the one doing the reading :)

Ash

WalesWoman

maybe he's been in bad relationships before and this one makes him feel like he's a winner