7 swords/10 cups/10 pents - confused!

Little_star

Hi guys,

I was doing a reading to see what is going to happen between me and a guy i'm dating.

The queen of wands kept popping up, even when I reshuffled so I removed her from the pack and asked the cards who she is in case he's dating someone else (we're not exclusive yet).

I drew 7 of swords, 10 of cups & 10 of Pentacles!

My interpretation of this is that she's an ex wife or someone he wanted to marry who hurt him and he possibly hasn't moved on from that although he's never been married or so he says. Could he therefore be dating someone else who he will go on to marry? It seems quite odd because he's very keen on me and when we're not together he's always phoning or messaging.

Would love to hear others views on this one!

sladie

Ever thought about Queen of Wands being you?

Queen of Wands to me is a good match in terms of relationships. Its someone who is passionate, energetic, and drawn to this particular person. Seven of swords could be your insecurity that your not exclusive, therefore you must be stealing him from someone else. Ten of cups is again that emotional connection you have with him. Ten of pentacles is that solid foundation.

I think the Queen of Wands is you... but that's just me...finding your passion and energy coming to the surface. I don't think its another person.... but I want second opinions on this too!!

Little_star

Ever thought about Queen of Wands being you?

Queen of Wands to me is a good match in terms of relationships. Its someone who is passionate, energetic, and drawn to this particular person. Seven of swords could be your insecurity that your not exclusive, therefore you must be stealing him from someone else. Ten of cups is again that emotional connection you have with him. Ten of pentacles is that solid foundation.

I think the Queen of Wands is you... but that's just me...finding your passion and energy coming to the surface. I don't think its another person.... but I want second opinions on this too!!

Hi Sladie, lovely interpretation! I always see myself as the queen of swords, purely by physical characteristics and star sign but I'm not a typical Aquarian, very fiery and not airy fairy in the slightest! That just adds further confusion I know... A couple of years ago in an old relationship I kept getting the queen of wands and he was seeing someone else. Hence the anxiousness!

SwordOfTruth

I drew 7 of swords, 10 of cups & 10 of Pentacles!

My interpretation of this is that she's an ex wife or someone he wanted to marry who hurt him and he possibly hasn't moved on from that although he's never been married or so he says. Could he therefore be dating someone else who he will go on to marry? It seems quite odd because he's very keen on me and when we're not together he's always phoning or messaging.

Would love to hear others views on this one!

Why is the Queen Of Wands not you? I rarely see court cards as representing third parties unless there are multiple cards pointing to something like that. I'm not seeing that in your three cards, particularly with the ten of pents and cups also present.

Seven of swords is a tricky card mostly because it's universally read as indicating some kind of deception happening. But betrayal isn't always the case. Seven of swords comes up for me in relationships where the partners are miscommunicating, and so there is a false assumption on one or both sides. One good example is where two people are digging each other and both can read the other intuitively on that. They both 'feel' it. But one of them is holding back from expressing it. It creates the impression of an agenda or deception in the other partner because the words and actions of that person do not match their intuitive read of the situation.

And thats been the case for spreads like yours. Where the other cards actually point to a healthy relationship being present. So I personally would interpret this combination as he's feeling it and feeling it in commitment kind of way but is confused by your actions and words which don't match what he's intuitively getting.