8 of Swords + Death

rachelt

hi. i've come across these combinations when i read on my sister's current problem....sounds like a negative reading because of the 2..

in my opinion, i conclude that the card meant that, with the restraint, comes the no other option but to change. any other insight? (btw, justice + 8 of swords have been frequenting my reading for her-- could it be that she might be put into prison?)

thank you.

sharpchick

I don't know what deck you're using, or what positions these cards are in, but on a lot of decks the 8 of Swords shows a person, tied or bound in some way, blindfolded and the Swords seem to be blocking the way, but there is actually a path through them. One way to interpret that is that the Seeker feels bound or constrained in some way, but it's actually because s/he just can't see the way out.

Death is about change - death of the "old" you, so that the new one can be reborn or death of an old way of life.

It could be that your sister has a problem she just can't see the answer to, because the answer is to make a radical change in herself, her thought processes or the way she looks at or approaches life.

Just my thoughts.

Sienna

Is there a real possibility of prison? If so with that combination of Justice & 8 Swords, I would say it was a real possibility.......But if this isn't the case then it could be that she needs to break free by facing up to consquences of her actions.

It sounds as if she is going through a bad time at the moment.... I think your take of 8 of Swords and Death is bang on.

Hope things improve for her.

Love & Light
Sx

Ladybro

sharpchick said:
I don't know what deck you're using, or what positions these cards are in, but on a lot of decks the 8 of Swords shows a person, tied or bound in some way, blindfolded and the Swords seem to be blocking the way, but there is actually a path through them. One way to interpret that is that the Seeker feels bound or constrained in some way, but it's actually because s/he just can see the way out.

Death is about change - death of the "old" you, so that the new one can be reborn or death of an old way of life.

It could be that your sister has a problem she just can't see the answer to, because the answer is to make a radical change in herself, her thought processes or the way she looks at or approaches life.

Just my thoughts.

I totally agree. I’ll add: may be she is involved in difficult situations she can’t manage (or she is hiding from you)
Death is the end and the beginner. As Death is a Mayor Arcano I`ll say : great changes are coming .Could be really harsh but necessary to continue

powdermonkey

The woman in 8 of swords is in a situation she literally can't see her way out of. She could walk through the swords, or use them to cut her binds, but she chooses to stay where she is. Death, as the others said, has to do with changes. Perhaps your sister remains stuck in a situation because she resists or refuses this change.

Dolphin_Dreamer

I agree with yours and sharpchicks idea of the 8 of swords and death. The 8 of swords and justice, my first thoughts is that there is a situation she is seeking equality for. ie either she's looking to be fair, looking to take responsibility or even seeking stability but she may also be trying to keep looking innocent or trying to find ways that it's not her that takes the brunt of it... You might want to see if maybe there is someone who is trying to 'sit pretty' but does have a part in this because maybe she can't see her way out of this alone. Of course all interps depend on which order they fall in.

Ladybro

powdermonkey said:
The woman in 8 of swords is in a situation she literally can't see her way out of. She could walk through the swords, or use them to cut her binds, but she chooses to stay where she is. Death, as the others said, has to do with changes. Perhaps your sister remains stuck in a situation because she resists or refuses this change.

Hi Powdermonkey, It’s really interesting your point of view. I didn’t think in that possibility. Decision remains on her