8 of Wands + 6 of Swords = ?

seaglass

Hey errybody,

What would you say about [8 of Wands] + [6 of Swords] as advice? These two came up in a bigger spread as part of the querent's mission / next step. The idea was that the querent already possessed the power of 8 of Wands and needed to channel it into the 6 of Swords. Taken together, regardless of position (or considering position), how would you interpret this?

WalesWoman

Both cards are moving quickly, basically don't wait, leave now. 8Wands is lots of hot, fiery stuff, moving in towards a better place where you can do what you want, 6 Wands is leaving a bad situation for a better place. Because Wands and Swords are "freindly" elementally, they reinforce and strengthen each other, so I would say it's an empathic do not procrastinate, make your move now.

rwcarter

"Strike while the iron is hot" as the saying goes. Not in the hotheaded/thoughtless/irrational way of the KnS but with purpose and meaning. As the 6S is the card, there's an indication that there may have been some difficulties that the Querent must leave behind or forget about, possibly in the sense of baggage that the Querent must leave behind.

Rodney

PAMUYA

I have to agree, get while the getting is good, before there is more grief, while you can.

seaglass

It's interesting that everybody interpreted action and movement (swift, quick) but that there was no description of purpose or intent. I am curious about what greater meaning could be gleaned from these two cards beyond the velocity that is conveyed.

rwcarter

It's interesting that everybody interpreted action and movement (swift, quick) but that there was no description of purpose or intent. I am curious about what greater meaning could be gleaned from these two cards beyond the velocity that is conveyed.
That's the inherent problem with pulling cards from a larger spread - they really can't be interpreted in a vacuum. The other cards in the spread would likely give clues as to purpose or intent, but those cards can't be discussed here in Using Tarot Cards. If you would like to discuss the entire spread, even if you want to focus on just those two cards, you will need to post the whole reading over in Your Readings.

seaglass

That's the inherent problem with pulling cards from a larger spread - they really can't be interpreted in a vacuum. The other cards in the spread would likely give clues as to purpose or intent, but those cards can't be discussed here in Using Tarot Cards. If you would like to discuss the entire spread, even if you want to focus on just those two cards, you will need to post the whole reading over in Your Readings.

I know what you're saying. I did actually post the larger spread in Your Readings and didn't receive a single response (which I've noticed tends to happen often). So I thought I'd just pinpoint the two cards that were the most interesting to me.

rwcarter

I know what you're saying. I did actually post the larger spread in Your Readings and didn't receive a single response (which I've noticed tends to happen often). So I thought I'd just pinpoint the two cards that were the most interesting to me.
Ahh. This thread. Have to give the dogs baths right now, but I'll try to reply to that one later today.

WalesWoman

Action is Intent in motion: Go after what you want without hesitation, with the intent that troubled times and circumstances be left behind for something better. 8 Wands/6 Swords

PS I looked at your spread in your readings and got a headache just reading ALL those cards. It's one of those sorts that takes a week or two to digest... one card at a time.