8 of wands in a relationship- does it always indicate infidelity?

Reverie

I would like to examine the 8 of wands. Oftentimes, people say that in a relationship reading or concerning someone a person is involved with, it can indicate infidelity.

Is this really so?
Or should cards surrounding it indicate it as well?
If so, which ones? Devil, 2 of wands, ace of wands, ace of cups...
When should a persons start to concerned in a reading, and what are some clarifying questions the person can ask?

What else can the 8 of wands mean?
Things coming to an end, moving forward quicly... passion...

Would love to hear some thoughts.

caridwen

I've never heard the 8 of Wands being referred to as infidelity before.

It sometimes refers to electronic media such as email or phone - messages.

Things taking off quickly or coming to a sudden halt.

The pace of life speeding up or many things suddenly happening at once.

It's sometimes referred to as the arrows or darts of love.

But I've never heard infidelity:)

Pao

wow what an interesting question! you got me thinking haha
to me it doesnt mean infidelity at all at least not by itself anyway. To me if means explosive kind of love, all systems are go, passion, all delays are ending, etc. I think in one book I had read it was known as the "arrows of love" I find it to be a positive card. but I use the Robin Tarot and the Quest. I don't know how it looks on other decks.

Are you asking which card means infidelity or what the 8 means?

franniee

hi cutie -
I always see the 8 of wands as happiness, a protected journey, a busy but happy time -

I've never read it as infidelity...hmmmm got me thinking

I see 3 8's together as posiibility of divorce but not just one

I see the king of wands as a unfaithful guy and the Queen of pents as the other woman - but never right off the bat - I usually read the cards around to see where i am like I had one reading lately with the devil and the king of wands and the guy was definitely shifty..... But if I get the 7 of swords near him I know there is something going on.

hope that helps....

Thirteen

I'll add another voice to here and say that I've never heard of 8/Wands being infidelity either. Where did you see/hear this?

I imagine it *could* indicate passion flying off elsewhere, but it would really depend on its position in the spread for me to even consider that.

Reverie

Thank you all, you know, I don't actually know where I heard of this before! Probably just the "wand" energy... lots of passion... maybe infidelity is what I was thinking.
Well, glad to hear that by itself in a relationship question it can mean other things. Was just curious as to what.

WalesWoman

cutiecutie... this subject keeps coming up... I think you are looking for it to come up to confirm your suspicions...
I haven't heard of 8 Wands as infidelity, tho' taken in context to a question, position or whatever... I would think it could mean a quick passing desire, a short lasting passion. So if you are asking about infidelity, it could mean it crossed their mind, but never went further than that.

It could also mean that you are blindly sending out feelers into thin air... shooting things out and maybe or maybe not they will find a target. You want to know, but basically it's all ungrounded... it's all up in the air. The thing about shooting arrows up.... make sure they don't land on you... or you'll end up resembling a pincusion in 10 Swords.

The surest way to infidelity is to fear it, suspect it, accuse someone of it and not have any trust, to be jealous, anxious, clingy & demanding... eventually they get so tired of trying to convince you of their faithfulness that someone who is more confident and sure of themselves becomes much more attractive... or they decide why not be guilty of what they are already being accused and judged for.

Reverie

WalesWoman said:
cutiecutie... this subject keeps coming up... I think you are looking for it to come up to confirm your suspicions...
I haven't heard of 8 Wands as infidelity, tho' taken in context to a question, position or whatever... I would think it could mean a quick passing desire, a short lasting passion. So if you are asking about infidelity, it could mean it crossed their mind, but never went further than that.

Thanks for the advice waleswoman, I wasn't saying I asked the cards about infidelity (I actually didn't), the post actually isn't directly concerning me and a reading or I would've posted it in your readings section.

But to ask whether a card could = infidelity, and if not then which cards, is a completely valid question in my opinion, and just a thing of life. Stuff happens and not all (if any) people are going to be willing to admit if it happened, so if the cards are trying to tell you something that the person is not, why not listen, and be on the lookout for those cards?

But I do agree I was probably wrong about the 8 of wands, and it's never healthy to be suspicious when there is no reason to be.

FaireMaiden

For me, since I read reversals, the reversed High Priestess {sexual independence/secrets} means infidelity... but, it must be coupled with a Court card: Knight, Queen, or King... A male Court card for a woman cheating, a female Court card for a man cheating... {If it's paired with a Page, then it's an immature 'crush' type of situation... a fantasy}... If the High Priestess is not reversed, then a serious flirtation is going on with serious thoughts about taking it to the next level... Of course, the surrounding cards will better inform, but usually there are some pretty nasty cards that show up in these kinds of cases... 5 & 7 Swords {lying/cheating/manipulation} and 9 Swords {unfulfillment in the bedroom/worry about getting caught}, the Devil {self-explanatory, *lol*}, 3 Cups reversed {indulgence gone too far}, 7 Cups {debauchery}, the Moon {veiled goings on}, the Lovers {obvious}, the Hanged Man {torn between two lovers}, amazingly the 10 of Wands {the walk of shame, *lol*}...

Always, always, always the question is most important and the spirit with which it is asked... One must be pretty tuned-in to the client and feel confident in the extreme to speak of infidelity... unless that question is asked specifically...

Hope this helps...

Wonderwoman

Bingo!

Right on FaireMaiden...each and everytime i've read or been read and the HP showed -either upright or rx, she meant infidelity. I was actually searching for threads regarding the 8wands in reference to success, enthusiasm and ran into your thoughts on this post and cant help but agree. matter of fact, i will print this for my journals..

thanks!

Ww :)

FaireMaiden said:
For me, since I read reversals, the reversed High Priestess {sexual independence/secrets} means infidelity... but, it must be coupled with a Court card: Knight, Queen, or King... A male Court card for a woman cheating, a female Court card for a man cheating... {If it's paired with a Page, then it's an immature 'crush' type of situation... a fantasy}... If the High Priestess is not reversed, then a serious flirtation is going on with serious thoughts about taking it to the next level... Of course, the surrounding cards will better inform, but usually there are some pretty nasty cards that show up in these kinds of cases... 5 & 7 Swords {lying/cheating/manipulation} and 9 Swords {unfulfillment in the bedroom/worry about getting caught}, the Devil {self-explanatory, *lol*}, 3 Cups reversed {indulgence gone too far}, 7 Cups {debauchery}, the Moon {veiled goings on}, the Lovers {obvious}, the Hanged Man {torn between two lovers}, amazingly the 10 of Wands {the walk of shame, *lol*}...

Always, always, always the question is most important and the spirit with which it is asked... One must be pretty tuned-in to the client and feel confident in the extreme to speak of infidelity... unless that question is asked specifically...

Hope this helps...