8 swords and king of cups

Ethereal

how would one read the 8 of swords and king of cups as to how someone is feels, currently?restricted by circumstances of being a caregiver, giving support and comfort to another, yet feeling trapped by it? could walk away , but won't? not really sure on this one. all help welcomed! thanks!

agent199

Restricted by circumstances as shown in the 8 of Cups, Yes. However, the King of Cups shows us that the creativity is there for us to find and use to make our way out.

Ethereal

thanks , agent199...restricted by circumstances..i agree. but i think you mean the 8 of swords, not cups..lol. king of cups as creativity there for us to find and make our way out. interesting....never would have seen that in the king of cups. i would have thought more king of wands for that. how did you see creativity in the k of c, if i may ask? pondering this...jotting it down for future reference..thanks for your input!

ArchAngelMeshi

Someone who feels they are stuck (8 of Swords) with their deep feelings (King of Cups)

Or someone who feels afraid to maked a move towards their king.

PattyMc

Someone who feels trapped and has turned off her thoughts/ feelings and is just going through the motions ( 8 of swords) due to a manipulative, obsessive, wanting all the partners attention on him ( King of cups, negative trait/essence of this King)

Patty

agent199

thanks , agent199...restricted by circumstances..i agree. but i think you mean the 8 of swords, not cups..lol. king of cups as creativity there for us to find and make our way out. interesting....never would have seen that in the king of cups. i would have thought more king of wands for that. how did you see creativity in the k of c, if i may ask? pondering this...jotting it down for future reference..thanks for your input!

Actually now that I think about it, disregard my post. I had to finish typing before a class and it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. But I do think that this King is a very creative and sensitive person that channels and uses those impulses to be successful.

If I was to take another shot at reading those two cards I would say something like:

Someone feels they have experienced manipulation, is led to believe there are no options, (Eight of Swords) and is now tending to hide their deep emotions (King of Cups).

Ethereal

patty mc: yes, someone who feels trapped inside their mind and thoughts, (swords) and feelings to..just going through the motions..i so agree here..motions perhaps of a loving , caring partner...because of the others obsessive , manipulate (never thought of that) wanting all the attention on, THEM. i have to agree with you on this one. kind of like the k of cups with the 8 of swords is just playing the role of caring partner, really feeling more trapped than anything. thanks!

archangelmeshi:someone who is stuck with their deep feelings..could very well be another take on this pair. i could see it..thanks!

agent199: someone feels they have been manipulated , beleives there are no options, (can walk but won't, tend to see themselves in a mud-bath of sorts), hiding their deep emos. yes, def a trait of the king of cups. thank you!

great takes on all of these...