9 of Swords as a life lesson?

maestrojay

As a life lesson would the 9 of swords have to do with more along the line of needing to be more/less introspective or more along the lines of facing fears/being more positive?

rwcarter

Context is everything, but my first thought is that it speaks to not letting one's fears get the best of one.

poivre

~ an idea for you

9- hermit- wisdom through experience
swords- thoughts

life lesson... teach what you know from your own learning and understanding

poivre
:)

Amanda

How about not letting the negatives get the best of you?

ETA: :laugh: I guess I should have read rodney's post first.

pasara

Reminds me of a bumper sticker: Don't believe everything you think.

I agree with Rodney and others. The life lesson would be to not let negative thinking take over.

hazlit

Chesca Potter's Greenwood deck calls the 9 of swords 'Dedication' and the visual depiction of this card is quite beautiful (see attachment). From this point of view, all the shades of dedication may form the basis of the lessons learnt, i.e. ranging from lessons about the negative polarity (obsession/over-focusing/loss of perspective/inability to see the big picture/context) through to the learnings about positive polarity of this concept (dedication and the ability to remain focused and produce great works, such as the archer does when s/he shoots the arrow directly into the bull's eye). As I see it, drawing this card as your life lesson indicates that you have incarnated with an ability focus intensely - in this life you're learning about how to handle that ability wisely, including what, why, when, how, where and who to focus upon.

hx

Attachments

• arrows 9 dedication.jpg
    arrows 9 dedication.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 293

SirRushing

As a life lesson would the 9 of swords have to do with more along the line of needing to be more/less introspective or more along the lines of facing fears/being more positive?

1. Getting up early, or staying up really late to do/finish something. I get this card to mean one is exhausted getting up too early than normal, or staying up too late than normal.

2. Need to be worried and concerned over something instead of having a non-chalant, blazay, I don't give a damn attitude.

3. Show fear, agitation or getting yourself worked up over something....maybe related to #2. Unless, it is saying that you act too confident and you should have shown fear or worry in regards to someone. Like for instance, let's say that your boyfriend is religious with sexual hang ups about women. When you had sex for the first time, you get all frisky, rough and you sure know how to tell him where, when and how to stick it to you. But he is religious and a prude, he thinks a woman should be passive in bed and should be afraid to look at a penis and you not being afraid will make you an experienced whore in his eyes. Even though you are not intimidated by sex, the 9 swords is telling you to "fake it" like you are a scared little virgin. When you see a penis, his penis for the first time scream at the top of your lungs, cry and run away from him. Fight him off until he has to wrestle you down in order to poke you in the no-no naughty bit region.

Just an example.

PAMUYA

Just don't weather the strom, learn to dance in the rain. Change/stress happens.