a little question I'm confused on...

Enchanted1

I've tried figuring this out and haven't been able to find an answer. After doing a reading or before doing a reading... are you expose to put the cards back in order or does it not matter if you keep your deck in order before shuffling and what-not. I've been a little confused by this...

thanks,
Kimsey.

Elven

hi Kimsey :)

I wouldn't say there are any 'supposed to do's'. I know of readers who loving go through their cards and arrange them in order for every reading and then put them away in order as well. No problem there.
Its a great way to learn the Majors in order though! :D

I dont do this but - then again - I do put the cards away the right way up! - When I remember to look through the deck. :)
What ever you feel comfortable with.

Many Blessings
Elven x

Enchanted1

Thanks! That helps settle my mind lol. It's been rolling around in my head today.

Sulis

I never put my cards back in order unless I'm about to trade the deck away.

I shuffle a little at the end of each reading to make sure the cards are well mixed up again.

Love

Sulis xx

December Fairy

Sulis said:
I shuffle a little at the end of each reading to make sure the cards are well mixed up again.

Love

Sulis xx
I do the same. It takes a some time to get them all mixed up for a reading when you first get them.

Flidais

After a reading, I simply slip the cards I drew back in among the others. Then I shuffle the deck thoroughly before I begin the next reading. I don't put the cards back in order.

Vadella

I don't put any of the cards back in order. Whatever is meant to be told-- will regardless. :)

mythos

Flidais said:
After a reading, I simply slip the cards I drew back in among the others. Then I shuffle the deck thoroughly before I begin the next reading. I don't put the cards back in order.

Same here ... really the only time I put them back in order is when I suspect that a few might be serving a secondary purpose as book marks and I want to check that the whole deck is available.

mythos:)

Enchanted1

Thanks everyone. Ya'lls answers have been much appreciated. I have found to also not put them in order each time. Every once in a while I go through them in order trying to better understand them. But I feel better not ordering them every time.

Chronata

yeah...reordering a deck every single time you read with it is a bit much!

Takes forever to shuffle it back into randomness!

But I like to reorder a deck on occassion.

Sometime it just feels right to do so.

I took my beloved Hanson Roberts to the beach the other day...and after chasing down the cards that blew away in the wind, and shaking the sand off them...I just felt that I needed to put them back in order.

They shuffle happier now! :D