A recurring theme in dreams

eyeDEEclaire

Thinking about my Dad's nightmare got me wondering about dreams. This is a pleasant recurring theme I have in my dreams.

I LOVE the beach. I don't get there as often as I'd like. So it's makes sense that I would have recurring beach dreams. But for a few years now, I keep having dreams that the beach is 2-3 hours away. And, in the dreams, it almost seems like I'm just realizing it and I'm so excited that it is so close. I think about weekend trips or day trips to the ocean. Sometimes I'm looking at a map which doesn't look like any geography I'm familiar with. When there is a map, it's always different. The beach scenes are always beautiful with clear sparkling water; sometimes greenish, sometimes bluish. It's usually just the sand and water that I remember but often I will see a small island or I'll be swimming through a maze of lagoons.

I guess all this detail is unnecessary. What really puzzles me is the whole "2-3 hours away" part. Why not 30 minutes...5 minutes...hell, why not right outside my door? It just seems odd to me. It takes approximately 6 hours to get to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida from where I live. South Carolina is maybe a wee bit closer but the water isn't as pretty and almost positive it's Florida in my dreams.

Just curious about what it means since I've been having these common dreams for a few years now.

Rede Seeker

A conscious journey

2 - 3 hours away may mean that it is a conscious journey. It's far enough that you have to set aside about 1/2 a day (round trip) for it. It's near enough that you can take the trip in one day. Also a 2 - 3 hour drive allows you to separate yourself from your regular routine, you can de-stress while you drive out and meditate on the experience as you return.

eyeDEEclaire

Thanks, Rede! I think I get where you are coming from; very interesting interpretation. That also makes me think about the average sleep time around 8 hours...perfect dream getaway! Now if only I can make it happen in real life...;)

NamasteIndia

eyeDEEclaire said:
Thinking about my Dad's nightmare got me wondering about dreams. This is a pleasant recurring theme I have in my dreams.

I LOVE the beach. I don't get there as often as I'd like. So it's makes sense that I would have recurring beach dreams. But for a few years now, I keep having dreams that the beach is 2-3 hours away. And, in the dreams, it almost seems like I'm just realizing it and I'm so excited that it is so close. I think about weekend trips or day trips to the ocean. Sometimes I'm looking at a map which doesn't look like any geography I'm familiar with. When there is a map, it's always different. The beach scenes are always beautiful with clear sparkling water; sometimes greenish, sometimes bluish. It's usually just the sand and water that I remember but often I will see a small island or I'll be swimming through a maze of lagoons.

I guess all this detail is unnecessary. What really puzzles me is the whole "2-3 hours away" part. Why not 30 minutes...5 minutes...hell, why not right outside my door? It just seems odd to me. It takes approximately 6 hours to get to the Gulf of Mexico in Florida from where I live. South Carolina is maybe a wee bit closer but the water isn't as pretty and almost positive it's Florida in my dreams.

Just curious about what it means since I've been having these common dreams for a few years now.
maybe your spirit guide is showing you the astral world and the beautiful beaches there the astral world is shown in beach format since you love beach and water
and the 2-3 hrs journey indicates that the astral world is not easily approachable for you and it will really take 2-3 years from now when you actually would be able to acess that world fully