A spread to deal with possible child sexual abuse?

blackroseivy

I need to do this for someone, & badly need an appropriate spread... Any & all suggestions welcome! :(

MercyMe

There are some spreads on here having to do with others' motivations. If there is a suspected person, you could ask what his/her motivations are towards the possible victim. If it's a matter of questionable behavioral symptoms in a possible victim, you could ask the cards about that, what the root causes could be. I think it may be best to find out via the cards why the querent is asking about this? What are his/her fears? Suspicions? In any event, I would tell the person (if it is a parent of a minor child) that they need to heed their gut instincts in this matter and err on the side of caution. And to get counseling for the possible victim. If abuse is dicovered, they need to report immediately.

If this is a person in recovery or who suspects he/she may have repressed memories, spreads dealing with self-discovery and growth would be applicable. Again, I would refer him/her to a trained counselor as well.

~Mercy

blackroseivy

It's someone whose husband has been accused of molestation by a child in their own family. Maybe I'll have to invent one - thanx for the suggestions!

sprite

im bumping this back up in case anyone had thoughts or ideas about this kind of spread. i actually have had this brought to my attention lately by a couple different people and situations, remembered seeing this and thought maybe.

Snowman

I think it is great that you want to help your friend out as much as you do. You may have to put the tarot cards away, and look to some other sources to help your friend out, i.e., a psychologist. The woman who taught me read tarot cards taught me that tarot cards cannot replace professionals in other fields. If someone approached me and revealed a case of child molestation, my reading would omit everything about child molestation, or I would discuss with him or her about seeing a psychologist.

I hope that helps...

David

blackroseivy

I actually thought up my own spread, & I certainly did mention the relevent professionals when discussing this. I'm bi-polar myself & though the system has often let me down, I wouldn't pretend to take the place of some sort of therapist/social worker/what-have-you... Never even did hear back from the person anyway...

WalesWoman

Post your spread Danuhbe! You went to all the thought of creating it and definately there is interest in this subject... so please share it.

being_chrysalis

Danubhe

I was browsing through spreads for another reason and saw this and saw you were online right now.. are you comfortable sharing the spread you did for the family?

ArwenNightstar

danubhe said:
I actually thought up my own spread, & I certainly did mention the relevent professionals when discussing this. I'm bi-polar myself & though the system has often let me down, I wouldn't pretend to take the place of some sort of therapist/social worker/what-have-you... Never even did hear back from the person anyway...

Would love to see this spread.