A spread to determine a spirit presence?

Silverkitten

We have felt a presence in this house since the first few weeks after we moved in. We haven't always felt that it was a friendly presence, but at the same time, it really wan't an unfriendly one either. It was just sort of there.

In the past year we have really come back around to our spiritual roots. And now in the past few weeks there as been allot of interesting and peculiar "activity" happening in the house. Problems with lights, sleep disturbances, etc.

I'm wondering if now that we are more receptive if this is not the cause of the activity. Maybe the spirit/presence feels more accepted/acknowledged and is making its presence known.
So, I'm wondering if there is a spread that could answer if this activity if indeed of the supernatural kind, and maybe tell us a bit about this presence?

Thanks for your help. I'm fairly new to reading tarot, and no good yet at making my own spreads or even have a clue how. I get totally dead-brained when it comes to trying to figure one out. So I appreciate any help.

Blessings,
Donna

Milfoil

Hows about a simple spread - 7 cards (nice steady number)

1 * 2 * 3

***4***

5 * 6 * 7

The upper line is the spirit line
The lower is your line
the connecting card (number 4) is the thing that connects you

1 = Their situation
2 = What concerns them about this situation
3 = What they want you to do

4 = What connects you

5 = Your situation
6 = What concerns you about this situation
7 = What you need to do about it.

!

Tarotphelia

I wouldn't start up a dialog with it right away , especially asking what it wants you to do. That kind of gives it power over you in a way. Ask your own higher guides IF there is a presence , and what the situation is. I would do this reading somewhere other than than inside the house .

Milfoil

Yes, I can see your point.

Silverkitten

Hum? I had not thought about that. It may be a good idea.

I almost kind of feel like this presence is toying with us. We had a whole week of activity from it. Then I posted about it here on the fourm, and the activity stopped. I don't sence it here the past few days. Very interesting.

Earthly Virgo

Cleaning with love and light

Did you smudge your house before you moved in? And do you bring love and light into your home now in meditation?

Sorry if these sound really basic sort of questions but sometimes in the rush of moving we forget that there are probably "residents" still hanging around.
I believe we should always spring clean the house every spring....and that means wiping the walls, smudging, having a candle buring while you clean, walking around all the walls making a noise or singing...get that energy moving. Especially getting rid of the clutter....throwing out the stuff that just is kept "in case I need it". I was taught to do this by a Feng Shui consultant and I know it sounds extreme but the energies accumulate and sometimes need a kick start to shift. It works.

I stay at a gorgeous (cheap and not ritzy) retreat in the BLue MOuntains (west of Sydney) and they spiritually cleanse every room after each guest...no wonder it feels clean!

Love and Light