A ten followed by an ace

Adriana

A while back I kept getting a certain combination of cards for a relationship reading. I still haven't seen the "answer" to what that meant for the couple in question.
The combo was that I got a very high number in one of the suits in minor arcana, then followed by one of the aces. For example 10 of pentacles followed ace of wands (but I've seen other tens and aces, too). This would happen in larger or smaller readings, but the two end cards would always be something like this. The relationship is a bit new still, and the questions had to do about how things would develop for them this summer.

I have some theories, like unexpected pregnancy, or that one/ both of them will meet someone else, or that they for some reason will enter a new stage in their relationship. Could it indicate a trip somewhere? Cos they have been traveling. And the question was for the summer, and the summer will end this month..

Anna

I would be inclined to read that as the relationship ending, to make way for something new. Or that the relationship came to an end due to one of the partners having feelings for a third party.

Shebelle

Quite simply: the end of one cycle and beginning of another. Not sure if it spells "the end of the relationship," but it could.

nisaba

Continuing cycles. The turning of the wheel. This combination might happen when the Wheel of fortune or the World aren't quite right, or when they are, but should be linked to one of the suits: your physical life (Pentacles), your emotional life (Cups), your drive and ambition (Wands) or your mental life (Swords).

Zechariah13

just a question, i think i'm misreading your post, but is the progression moving forward or backward? Did the 10 of whatever it was FOLLOW the Ace or was it FOLLOWED BY the Ace?
I assumed you meant forward progression, the 10 being followed by the next Ace, but if the reverse were true, that would be interesting.

caridwen

Aces are beginnings. Roots. Potentials.

10s are endings.

An Ace following a ten is the beginning of a new cycle. What kind of cycle depends on the Suit.

Aladdin

I have always understood and told others for several years that nine's are endings, tens are transitions with aces representing new beginnings.