about the Emperor card

rupadupa

I tried out the spread for tarot readers( mentioned in the Tarot spreads forum). The cards I got were as follows:
what I'm best at: The Emperor
What i need to work on: Judgement
External forces to improve: Justice
Internal forces to help in the improvement: The Hermit(reversed)
Final Outcome: The Hanged Man

I have been unable to interpret The Emperor, Judgement and Justice.. Basically I find these cards tough and the Emperor keeps popping up whenever I pose a question on my tarot reading..What do these cards mean? Especially The Emperor card in this context..

gollog

I would say he means that you are well organised and structured in your personal as well as work life. You might be a good manager as well because of that and good at keeping order.

rupadupa

..to be very frank, I'm quite a scatty person..Am one of those who believes that there is order in disorder...Probably that is it, seeking order in disorder..At least i'm applying that while learning about Tarot..What about Justice?

tarobones

Emperor's Gifts

perhaps the card is a promise to you: you can call upon the Emperor's gifts and put them into practice in your life. His energies include structure and form, and perhaps he appears because you need him. His appearance in the reading promises that the energies you need to be like him are present within you. BB, Michael

obsidian_queen

imo...

rupadupa said:
..to be very frank, I'm quite a scatty person..Am one of those who believes that there is order in disorder...Probably that is it, seeking order in disorder..At least i'm applying that while learning about Tarot..What about Justice?

Well, maybe Justice is asking you to become more impartial and less biased about your decisions as to what the cards mean. The law is the law; i.e. when you know what's right, you know what's right.

Judgement having come before this card could possibly mean you're worried about what others think about you reading the tarot OR that you haven't quite decided what meanings go where when it comes to the cards in certain contexts.

The Hermit reversed following could then be referring to the fact that you need to listen to yourself more in order to discover what the cards mean for YOU. This will probably mean ignoring teachings that are coming from books, websites etc.

rupadupa

Thanks...

Thirteen

rupadupa said:
I tried out the spread for tarot readers( mentioned in the Tarot spreads forum). The cards I got were as follows:
what I'm best at: The Emperor
What i need to work on: Judgement
External forces to improve: Justice

You've answered your own question about the Emperor--you're a "scary" person who sees order in just about everything. That's the Emperor--and it's what you're good at, seeing order and ordering people around.

What you need to work on: Judgement--that's about letting go of things, especially the past. Judgement is where people come to terms with all their sin, forgive themselves, and move on. It would seem that you either are unforgiving of your own faults or of others and you need to work on that. Let things go.

As for Justice--as said, you need to improve your impartiality and your ability to balance. To be cool. The Emperor card is often a "hot" card--it's not analytical enough. Step back, be more rational and even-handed.

rupadupa

This is like going off tangent... but how should I interpret Justice in a relationship reading...I usually see if the relationship is a balanced one and if both the people involved are equally committed or involved..is that good?
somehow the legal aspect has never seemed to work for me..I was doing a career reading for my frd and the Justice card popped up in the final outcome..somehow i felt it had something to do with signing a new contract..a new job.. does that make sense?

Demon Goddess

Sometimes justice isn't about "legalities" it also means being truthful to ourselves, ie, our hearts. It's about logic; making sense, and about being true to one's conscience.

Perhaps this statement from my journal will be of use.

What we did before is reflected in the present. What we do now will shape the future.