About The Legacy of the Divine app

coredil

This comment from Ciro on another thread leads me to open a new thread:
cirom said:
... I'd also like to take this opportunity to let anyone who does have one of my apps know, that a free update is a couple of weeks away.
It includes just about every new feature that anyone has ever suggested, such as bigger reading table, ability to save your favourite spreads, and larger e-mailed screen shot of your readings.

I really love you app as much as I love your deck.
The graphic resolution is stunning as are also the videos!

As I missed the threads where suggestions have been made, allow me to suggest two things:

Would you consider to implement a additional mode where the cards could be shown on the whole iPhone screen?

The cards descriptions of the app contains your own descriptions.
Would you consider to add the descriptions of the other autors from the original book?

Best regards

cirom

Hi Coredil, i'm glad you are enjoying the app. The suggestions you made are valid, and are certainly items we considered. But with this medium there are a number of considerations.

One one level I very much wanted to capture the mood of not just the deck, but the world I created around it that is shown in the promotional video, the illustrated book etc etc. So I decided to do that via the various interfaces that were created for each arcana on the app. I used these also as a border or frame that surrounds the window of each card. This also provides an area for all the buttons to be placed on. If the card filled the entire screen it would only be about 15% larger but would have had the buttons floating on over them. I considered that having the cards slightly smaller but with the ability to actually zoom in multiple times and see detail (far more than the actual physical deck) would compensate and be the optimum combination.

This app is probably not just the larges tarot app in terms of file size, but probably one of the largest of any app offered by Apple. At some point we had to say, enough already, and certainly trying to fit in the entire text of the companion book would be pushing it. To be honest the other rational was that I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who download this app already own the deck, so they would already have access to that full text.

The other modifications that are included in the upcoming upgrade is the ability to access the videos and descriptions of the cards from the reading table as well as from the dedicated card sections.

Thanks for your feed back

coredil

Hi Ciro,

thanks for your answer.
Of course your explanations make a lot of sense.

Maybe I should reconsider this attitude to always want more though one already have something wonderfull ;)

Best regards

Healing Spirit

Is the app only for iPhone or is there an Android version?

Erinyes

Hi Ciro,
I, too, am wondering whether you are considering an android app for Legacy of the Divine. I pay for very few apps, but I would be willing to pay for yours!

Cocobird55

Hi, Ciro

The App store for Mac is now open. Any chance of you doing a Mac App for any of your decks? I think that would be fantastic!

GadgetGirl

Cocobird55 said:
Hi, Ciro

The App store for Mac is now open. Any chance of you doing a Mac App for any of your decks? I think that would be fantastic!

Oh yes!! Need a "Like" button for this idea.