ace of pents:beginnings of pregnancy or the birth?

woodsyowl

hi all; have a question here. how would you read the ace of pentacles pertaining to a pregnancy? would it represent the starting of the pregnancy, or the culmination of the pregnancy, as in the birth. i think i would read it as just the starting of a new pregnancy. not sure. thanks:)

rwcarter

I usually see Aces as unformed potential, so the Ace Pentacles would be unformed potential on the material plain, which I think ties in nicely with conception/beginning of a pregnancy.

Rodney

nisaba

But then, Rodney, conception happens in a salty-watery environment that is very similar to the chemical composition of primordial oceans, making it more an Ace Cups thing,. Birth, the poor little babe has its "waters broken" and emerges out of its egg onto the EARTH for the first time, where its whole life is still potential.

However, I am merely playing Devil's Advocate here. In reality, for me a conception is represented by any card that makes me think of conception at the time, and a birth is represented by any card that makes me think of birth at that moment.

woodsyowl

thanks, all. i think its just conception.

Fostha

woodsyowl said:
hi all; have a question here. how would you read the ace of pentacles pertaining to a pregnancy? would it represent the starting of the pregnancy, or the culmination of the pregnancy, as in the birth. i think i would read it as just the starting of a new pregnancy. not sure. thanks:)
I think I would see it as the conception.....the taking root stage that would only happen if someone had actually left a 'deposit' from their bank. :D

woodsyowl

LOL!!!!! good one;) thanks for the input, here. question; has anyone seen this card come up as an actual conception of a child? or the birth of the child? just wondering. i kind of think conception, then i think birth. anyhow...thanks! got a good chuckle out of that! :)