Ace of Swords + Death

angelf1sh

Did a recent reading for a friend who is disappointed about her relationship situation. Querent confirmed it was because the other person expressed his love for her but then went cold turkey...so I asked the cards "How does X feel about her?"

In the "future" positions (part of a larger spread), Ace of Swords and Death came out.

Knowing that the other cards indicated that he felt trapped (8 of Swords) and defeated (5 of Swords), would this combination in the future indicate he wants to end the relationship her?

pandap

Did a recent reading for a friend who is disappointed about her relationship situation. Querent confirmed it was because the other person expressed his love for her but then went cold turkey...so I asked the cards "How does X feel about her?"

In the "future" positions (part of a larger spread), Ace of Swords and Death came out.

Knowing that the other cards indicated that he felt trapped (8 of Swords) and defeated (5 of Swords), would this combination in the future indicate he wants to end the relationship her?

Hmmm. Yeah, this doesn't look very good to me I have to say. Two things immediately came to mind - "the truth will set you free", and "changing your mind".

The Swords as we know are generally about conflict, arguments, difficulties, truth, communication, thoughts and ideas.

Aces are about new beginnings, opportunities and potential.

The Ace of Swords is like, "here's a weapon to help in the challenge ahead".

Death is about change and transformation and it is one of the cards that can represent the end of a relationship.

The combination of these two cards in context with the other cards you've mentioned, makes me think a very tense and difficult time lies ahead, one where it's decided he may want to call it a day. Though I have to say, I would have thought this was oddly contrary if he had expressed his love for her and I'm wondering if there isn't more to this. I'm tempted purely because of this, to suggest he may want a new beginning and a change in the relationship for the better, but I'm tending to stick to him wanting to end the relationship.

I wonder if the Ace will enhance the meaning of the Death card in this circumstance, and the relationship will be well and truly cut causing a massive change.

TheProphet

Two things immediately came to mind - "the truth will set you free", and "changing your mind".

Instinctively when I saw the title Ace of Swords + Death and that it was about feelings, I too thought "changing your mind"!

angelf1sh

Hmmm. Yeah, this doesn't look very good to me I have to say. Two things immediately came to mind - "the truth will set you free", and "changing your mind".

The Swords as we know are generally about conflict, arguments, difficulties, truth, communication, thoughts and ideas.

Aces are about new beginnings, opportunities and potential.

The Ace of Swords is like, "here's a weapon to help in the challenge ahead".

Death is about change and transformation and it is one of the cards that can represent the end of a relationship.

The combination of these two cards in context with the other cards you've mentioned, makes me think a very tense and difficult time lies ahead, one where it's decided he may want to call it a day. Though I have to say, I would have thought this was oddly contrary if he had expressed his love for her and I'm wondering if there isn't more to this. I'm tempted purely because of this, to suggest he may want a new beginning and a change in the relationship for the better, but I'm tending to stick to him wanting to end the relationship.

I wonder if the Ace will enhance the meaning of the Death card in this circumstance, and the relationship will be well and truly cut causing a massive change.

I wonder too...she's distanced herself as well and is also acting cold. He DID started contacting her again but my friend says the communication seemed strained. I wonder if that's indicated by the 5 of Swords so maybe the Ace and Death haven't manifested yet?

I was curious and did another reading this morning for her about HIS feelings and had 5 of Cups showed up the present position. So guess he misses her then...?

lucid_dawn

I would say the 5 of Cups might mean disappointment or dispair. I'm wondering how she received his declaration of love. Sometimes guys mean it and other times they just say it in the moment and regret it afterward. Or perhaps he didn't feel a mutual level of feeling from her?