Ace of Wands reversed & STAR reversed

JennyM

Is this a depressing reading for how someone feels about something or WHAT? I found it a bit alarming actually. It's like...no hope for anything new? Feeilng that everything has come to a standstill? Dead end? What are some other ideas about this combination? Is it as dreary as it looks?

Btw, are there any books out there that deal especially with two card combinations and what they might mean?

star-lover

i wouldnt say its a bad pair of cards together
the passion the hope the promise the excitement is all there, only they are both reversed which could just mean the said person is *stalled* at the moment for some reason - perhaps scared of taking these feelings and doing something concrete with them? i feel they feel unsure about what they want/where they stand/what to do

caridwen

Reversals are not necessarily the negative of their upright meanings. In fact, the upright card holds the whole spectrum of meanings, negative or positive. All cards have their shadow sides from which we can learn.

The cards maybe:

still in its early stages
losing force and power
blocked or restricted
incomplete
inappropriate
being denied
only present in appearance

- from Joan Bunning

You might find this helpful as well:)

starrystarrynight

That Ace Wands and Star energy may just be postponed or delayed right now...but the fact that those cards were drawn in the first place (regardless of orientation) means something, you know? Otherwise, other cards in their upright positions might have been pulled...(the Three, Nine or Ten of Swords come to mind quickly...or other cards with less-than-happy first impressions...)

JennyM

starrystarrynight said:
That Ace Wands and Star energy may just be postponed or delayed right now...but the fact that those cards were drawn in the first place (regardless of orientation) means something, you know? Otherwise, other cards in their upright positions might have been pulled...(the Three, Nine or Ten of Swords come to mind quickly...or other cards with less-than-happy first impressions...)

You're absolutely right. DUH! OK...yes...I think I have a better handle on the reading in that case.