Acting rude an arrogant

Adjustment

how would you interpret this 3 cards from the Hanson Robert deck, as why someone was very rude and arrogant toward me. I got this three cards as the reason 6 of swords, temperance and the chariot.
My take on this cards is this person alway see me as a very calm and moderated type of person who is in control of herself I hardly loose my temper. I think this person was trying to get a reaction from me by acting the way this person did.

poivre

What was said and what was meant to be said,
was two different things.
I got the feeling when I read this that someone was
drinking, having a very bad mood swing or chemical imbalance.
One person was not grounded in the conversation.

Just an idea, I don't have this deck.
ros
:)

huredriel

Just a quick thought, putting on a front, person feels very isolated, defensive barriers/mechanisms up high. Possibly not like that on the inside. Has to appear in control.

greycats

Balance, Balance, Balance.

In all three of those cards, balance is the issue--although in the 6S, it's a little harder to find. Arrogant rudeness may well be a desperate attempt to maintain balance. The three cards may indicate the particular areas in which balance was being threatened.

The first, apparently, had to do with conflict-laden communication. The calm vs. troubled waters division is not as obvious in Hanson Roberts as in RWS, but it is there. In fact, the traveler puts his paddle (or pole) right into the roiling waters. It's a way to flee trouble and reach safety. (It may also be that if you said anything to the person, whatever you said went straight to a hidden source of anguish.)

In the other 2 cards, the issue of balance is more obvious and is connected to larger issues which the speaker may not be able to control. If this is so, then the behavior becomes easier to understand: a person who feels s/he is loosing control will become frightened and angry with little or no provocation.

Another possibility: I'm not sure how you put the question, but if you asked it with the idea that you yourself might be at fault, then s/he might have seen you as soooooo securely balanced (with Temperance AND the Chariot) and moving disdainfully away (6S). You can never know how someone will interpret an innocent remark. ;)

Adjustment

greycats said:
In all three of those cards, balance is the issue--although in the 6S, it's a little harder to find. Arrogant rudeness may well be a desperate attempt to maintain balance. The three cards may indicate the particular areas in which balance was being threatened.

The first, apparently, had to do with conflict-laden communication. The calm vs. troubled waters division is not as obvious in Hanson Roberts as in RWS, but it is there. In fact, the traveler puts his paddle (or pole) right into the roiling waters. It's a way to flee trouble and reach safety. (It may also be that if you said anything to the person, whatever you said went straight to a hidden source of anguish.)

In the other 2 cards, the issue of balance is more obvious and is connected to larger issues which the speaker may not be able to control. If this is so, then the behavior becomes easier to understand: a person who feels s/he is loosing control will become frightened and angry with little or no provocation.

Another possibility: I'm not sure how you put the question, but if you asked it with the idea that you yourself might be at fault, then s/he might have seen you as soooooo securely balanced (with Temperance AND the Chariot) and moving disdainfully away (6S). You can never know how someone will interpret an innocent remark. ;)

I think you got it right this person doesn't feel they are in control when i'm around, it is a matter of attention, this person think i get more attention than they do from the community we live in. This person loves attention and it bother them that i'm better known by the people in the community than they do, it happens all the time when we are in public places i think this situation bother them.

MeeWah

Note the presence of 2 Major Arcana in a relatively small throw.

I see the query stems from a problematic relationship &/or situation regarding same (6-Swords relates to 6-The Lovers). Challenging relationship dynamics or the conflicted that apparently defies the immediate resolution.

6-Swords may counsel best to maintain the distance from this person, who may have communication difficulties or problems relating to others. & could use gossip to feel superior.

The individual concerned seems to over-compensate which results in the extremes of behaviour (14-Temperance). That may be due to an interest or need related to the personal equilibrium, to feeling off-balance or threatened. It may not actually be anything anyone else is doing, but more expressive of her sense of self.

Depending on the circumstances, may be defensive &/or intent on 'taking back' control or momentum (7-The Chariot).