Adding spice to your readings!

poivre

Sometimes...I feel my readings a blahhhhhhhhh.
I would be interested to see if anyone would share
"how to spice up a reading"

Little "tips" on cards which add just a little more
zip or excitment to the reading.

I have had readings where they are so beautiful.
Mine are usually straight to the point. :laugh:
Not that I'm that crusty of a person, but I wouldn't
mind being a bit softer at times. :laugh:

Thanks in advance,
ros
:)

starrystarrynight

If you are talking about email (written) readings, then anyone's writing skills can be improved...take a creative writing class or something like that! :)

If you are talking about face to face readings, maybe you could try to engage the seeker more...make more eye contact, etc.?

Either way, using sensual words (meaning, bringing the five senses into what you say) can expand your readings. But you certainly don't want to "purple prose" it to death.

I'm not exactly sure if any of this would help though, because most people don't come for good conversation...they come to see what the cards tell them. And most of the time--in writing or conversation--simpler is better. IMO, anyway.

Always Wondering

If you have any decks with astrological attributions, bringing them out, I think, might add some depth.

AW

UrbanFool

Ros, my readings are the same way --and I've had plenty of readings where the reader wove the cards into a unique story just for me.

I think part of it is my personality, and part of it is that I haven't worked hard enough on embellishing my readings --but I'm still trying!

Demon Goddess

maybe marinating your cards in a nice jerk sauce??? ;)

poivre

Thanks! :)

I need to be more creative with my words!

Nyx

How about this.... expand your knowledge of the Tarot and the Thesarus at the same time. Pick a word that you use when describing a card and look it up in the Thesarus. Next time you do a reading and that card comes up, try to use your new word. It'll keep you thinking atleast.

MareSaturni

Nyx said:
How about this.... expand your knowledge of the Tarot and the Thesarus at the same time. Pick a word that you use when describing a card and look it up in the Thesarus. Next time you do a reading and that card comes up, try to use your new word. It'll keep you thinking atleast.

I should do that. Sometimes, i know what i see but don't have words to say it. And i speak TWO langauges, Portuguese and English, i suppose i should have some nice vocabulary :(

I use metaphors to explain what i see sometimes...not poetic & confusing metaphor that will make the sitter look at me with a huge ? across his face, but...you know, analogies...stories...i think these sometimes color my readings. But i try not to digress too much, or i'll bore the sitter to death, and i want my sitters ALIVE! Lol :laugh: :D :D

Demon Goddess

Marina said:
i want my sitters ALIVE! Lol :laugh: :D :D

Me too... dead ones are real deadbeats.

I sometimes sing when I'm doing readings... that just deafens them. :D

Grizabella

Maybe you've got "book" meanings stuck in your head. You know----the individual card meanings? (Whether or not you got them from a book.) If you can forget those and not just interpret the individual cards alone, but instead see what the overall meaning of the cards are and then start weaving them together for the sitter, maybe you'll do better.