advices on grounding yourself?

Minotauro

so mostly when I started reading more ,but still sometimes now, I get headaches or feel weird , tired etc.

I read around here one should ground oneself befor reading , and aparently that helped the person who asked headaches and overal problems ,but what exactly is it and how do you do it? is it like meditating? because I suck at that.

it would be reeeeealy usefull to know because Im gonna start to get serious with scrying too (and I asumme I need to ground myself before scrying too right?)

jema

I think it is very different from person to person. So I am just gonna describe what I do so you get an idea of one way to do this.

I start with doing the four-folded breath.
You inhale to the count to four, hold it and count 4, exhale to the 4 and then hold again to the 4 and do this a few times. Just focus on the breathing.

I then sometimes do the Kabbalistic Cross either in the outer (as in with poses and vibrating sounds) or just inner working and do it in my mind.
There are a few versions of the Cross but I tend to go with the standard GD one.

If you feel uncomfortable with Kabbalistic stuff then another thing I learnt years ago was to just sit in the chair, imagine the light of the stars entering the top of my head going through my whole body and how a little sprout grew out of my tush, through the chair and into the ground and spread out roots there. The main object is of course to draw energy through your body in both of these. I am sure there are a lot of other practises too, but these are the ones I worked with.

Sulis

Moderator note

There a lots of threads on how to ground in the Spirituality forum and that's where this thread should really be.

Since Minotauro is not a forum subscriber he won't be able to see the thread there so it will be left here in Talking Tarot for 24 hours then will have to be removed - sorry but Talking Tarot really is for tarot topics.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

nisaba

The simplest and quickest forms of grounding involve stamping your feet on the ground, or eating something - anything that brings a heightened connection with your body.

Centring is as important or more important for reading (grounding once the reading is over), and centring involves dismissing the world, finding the "centre" of yourself and discarding anything else that might be on your mind so as to focus on your client only.

I tend to centre by closing my eyes for a second or two: when I open them again, I'm good and ready to go. Grounding is critical afterwards, or you can feel light-headed, dizzy or abnormally tired.

I often ground by going outside and walking around, or by eating.

If you read for long periods of time, slight headaches may be as simple as being slightly dehydrated and remedied by a glass of pure water, as the most easily absorbed fluid of all.

Minotauro

I think it is very different from person to person. So I am just gonna describe what I do so you get an idea of one way to do this.

I start with doing the four-folded breath.
You inhale to the count to four, hold it and count 4, exhale to the 4 and then hold again to the 4 and do this a few times. Just focus on the breathing.

I then sometimes do the Kabbalistic Cross either in the outer (as in with poses and vibrating sounds) or just inner working and do it in my mind.
There are a few versions of the Cross but I tend to go with the standard GD one.

If you feel uncomfortable with Kabbalistic stuff then another thing I learnt years ago was to just sit in the chair, imagine the light of the stars entering the top of my head going through my whole body and how a little sprout grew out of my tush, through the chair and into the ground and spread out roots there. The main object is of course to draw energy through your body in both of these. I am sure there are a lot of other practises too, but these are the ones I worked with.

is there a reason for the number 4 in breathing or is that just the number you like or the time you find usefull?

s is that what grounding is? drawing energy from the universe? I ask because before this forums I had never heard of it

Minotauro

There a lots of threads on how to ground in the Spirituality forum and that's where this thread should really be.

Since Minotauro is not a forum subscriber he won't be able to see the thread there so it will be left here in Talking Tarot for 24 hours then will have to be removed - sorry but Talking Tarot really is for tarot topics.

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator
oh well thats ok , thank you very much , in fact this migh just be a comunication problem , I dont really even understand the meaning of " grounding" and it has no literal translation to spanish X) but I kinda get an idea of what it is now , i asummed it had something to with dirt for some reason ._. and the alredy given answers are very helpfull so the time limit should be ok n.n

Minotauro

The simplest and quickest forms of grounding involve stamping your feet on the ground, or eating something - anything that brings a heightened connection with your body.

Centring is as important or more important for reading (grounding once the reading is over), and centring involves dismissing the world, finding the "centre" of yourself and discarding anything else that might be on your mind so as to focus on your client only.

I tend to centre by closing my eyes for a second or two: when I open them again, I'm good and ready to go. Grounding is critical afterwards, or you can feel light-headed, dizzy or abnormally tired.

I often ground by going outside and walking around, or by eating.

If you read for long periods of time, slight headaches may be as simple as being slightly dehydrated and remedied by a glass of pure water, as the most easily absorbed fluid of all.

well eating thats something I can do :'D

so basically , i I understand correctly to ground oneself is kind of a way to not to loose yourself? to anchor your mind with your body or something like that? Im sorry if it sounds dumb but I had never heard of the concept ( engluish is my second language) n.n

and what I exerience is not a headchae perse I just feel weird all over , and extremly light but in a bad way... I donmt know , its hard to explain X)

I think I have the centering under control I ussualy relax close my eyes and breath deeply while shuffling the cards , some times lay the cards with my eyes closed too and when I open them I just see things more clearly or maybe more easily