angel oracle deck?? anyone

gomab11

i was wonndering does anyone have this deck and their thoughts of it.
thanks

gomab

Chronata

Well...there are many different oracle decks out there with angel or angelic themes...

Was there one in particular that you had in mind, Gomab?

I think I have about 9 different angel oracles...and each one has it's own merits.

gomab11

i was taolking about doreen virtues "connecting w/ your angels" oracle, but now im confused whats the difference between oracle and tarot cards??
gomab

Chronata

Ah! You have the one Doreen Virtue angel deck that I don't have!

To answer the question as best as I can...

An oracle deck is a pack of cards used to do any number of things...from promoting self-awareness to fortune telling...

The tarot is a kind of oracle...but one that has very specific titles and numbers. A tarot usually has a major arcana with 22 titles, and a minor arcana consisting of 4 suits numbered ace through ten and four court cards in each suit.

an oracle can have anynumber of cards...and doesn't follow any traditional titles or meanings. usually an oracle has it's own system.

Doreen's oracle decks usually have cards that relate to certain issues...like love, or wisdom, or freedom...and often she has an angel (with or without a name) that encompasses a certain thought, issue or message.

I don't know specifically about this particular angel deck...but I am guessing it is similar to the others that she has put out.

Try the advanced search option here...to see other threads about other Doreen Virtue decks.(I remember there being quite a few!)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

sunflowr

"Connecting with your Angels Oracle"? I dont think I've ever heard of that one. I have "Messages from your Angels", "Archangel Oracle Cards", and "Healing with the Angels".

gomab11

yes thats the one messages from your angels!!

Chronata

Ah! Okay! That one I do have!

I will see if I can scan a card or two in so you can see them.

I have used it a few times, but like most Virtue decks for me...the meanings seem like a lot of optimism and light...and not always helpful when I want to get to a deeper subject. or need a clear and precise answer.

This deck in particular is even more inconsistant than most...with some of the artwork being beautiful and inspiring and some of it...just so-so.

She should have called this Messages from My Angels...because some of them I just can't really connect to.

The Archangels...OK,those I get...they have a history, and documentation in other places...
but Yvonne? Desiree? Rochelle?Chantell???
hmmm...I don't know about those....

They each have little quotes on them about a particular subject...Isiah wants to talk about birth...Crystal wants to give you advice on hope and faith...

Chantell...whose artwork I distinctly don't like because she looks like nothing more than a plastic Barbie doll...wants to say something about Love, and relationships...

And speaking of weird art...one angel has her legs spread in a manner that looks quite rude to me...archangel Michael is particularly disturbing looking...and I don't even want to get into the whole Omega thing ...not an angel...but a winged unicorn...

So yeah...I like some of her other decks as oracles...but this one is a little strange.

Whether or not it works for you depends on how much you enjoy Virtue's works, I suppose.

Even with all its inherant problems...this still works as an oracle...and does give me some insight.When i'm in the right mood.

Connecting me with any angelic presences however...highly suspect.

Satori

Hi folks.
You know, I'm D. Virtue fan. It was slow coming and begrudgin, because I couldn't stand her at first, but, when I read Angel Medicine and looked thru The Lightworker's Way, I felt a tug. I liked her. Something hit. A door started to open...

But her decks. Well....
I have the Healing With the Angels and Archangels oracles.

Some of the cards I love, some I just can't stand.
I liked it more once I saw how Songdeva used the cards, intuitively of course, and the door opened a bit more.

The borders are too big.
The cards are too glossy.
They stick.
This gets better with use.

My problem is more about the publisher: suddenly Hay House is churning out these oracles like nobody's business. It's as if they found a cookie cutter business and they are gonna make money at it, and maybe help you in the process, like McDonald's wants to feed the world.

Something just doesn't feel right.

I have Toni Carmine Salerno's oracle The Universal Healing Light Oracle and I love it. The readings are astounding. Astounding.

So, Healing with the Angels is up for trade, and I'm sticking with Toni.
A little more nude women than the average oracle, but the readings are powerhouse awesome.

I think I'll stick to Doreen's books.