Angelite help please

SilverCloudedWolf

Hi there, I hope you guys can help me please.

I bought (amongst others) an angelite crystal a few days ago and I always cleanse my crystals when I first get them. I checked in my crystal books and none of them had any warnings about salt water with regards to angelite, and so I put it (along with the others I bought) into a dish of salt water for 24 hours, which is my usual cleansing method, and left them on a table which isn't in sunlight (I charge them at a different time). However, when I took them out and dried them, I found that the angelite had changed. It had lost most of its' blue colour (except where it was touching the dish and the other crystals) and turned a frosty white colour with the blue underneath, and part of the outer layer had crumbled a bit, like it had been rubbed away ( not by me, I dry them very gently) but the rest of it is still smooth, and it has stayed this way since.

I was wondering if any of you know why this might of happened and if I can remedy it, and also if I can still use the crystal.

thanks,
Silver

Bev

Hi Silver,
Unfortunately, angelite is sensitive to water, and I don't know of any way to repair the lost color. I have crystals that have been damaged from any number of things, many were to be discarded/turned loose so to speak by a previous owner. I find I can still use them, but not necessarily for the usual uses you might find in books. A hurt crystal can be a wonderful meditation tool, and help you gain insight on coping with our own wounds. And in working with hurt crystals we can work on our empathy for the pain of others. And I like to spoil those crystals so to speak and treat them extra special. Listening to the crystal for what it needs/wants goes toward learning nurturing and healing.

There was a thread here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=19704&highlight=angelite

It mentions some cleansing methods. What I use on all of my crystals is a dry blend of lavendar and sage. It works wonderfully and will not damage any crystal.

I hope this helps.
Bev

BodhiSeed

Others that shouldn't be in water

Just for information sake, some other stones that shouldn't be put in water are azurite, malachite, rough chrysocolla, and selenite. Does anyone know of any others? Bev I appreciate you sharing how to work with a damaged crystal :).
Many blessings,
Bodhran

Kyrielle

Turquoise, sodalite, coral, sulphur, cinnabar, pearl I can think of off the top of my head.

And halite, because it is salt.

Tumbling seals a stone, so you can put tumbled malachite or chrysocholla in water, but definitely not untumbled.

When in doubt, clear in moonlight. Or by intention.

Kyrielle

SilverCloudedWolf

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. Lol, funnily enough I was going to ask if anyone knew of any other crystals that shouldn't be put in water! I'm just glad only one of my crystals got hurt, so I probably wont take the chance again and switch to a safer cleansing method.

If you know of any other constraints could you let me know please, I guess I can't completely trust my books to say everything.

Thanks again!
Silver