Another Question from Yours Truly, lol.

Luna Shay Luv

I really wasn't sure where to post this.

I wanted to know if i got this right. I'm using the mystic faerie tarot, Is this deck based on the Ryder Deck?

Also i wanted to know if i got this right..
Wands- Fire: Summer
Cups- Water:Spring
Sword-Air: Autumn
Pentacles- Earth: Winter

As far as Time Frames..

Wands- Fire: Fastest time, hours
Cups- Water: Mid Slowtime, weeks
Sword-Air: Mid-fast, days
Pentacles- Earth:Slowest time, months

Do i have this right?

Thirteen

Luna Shay Luv said:
I really wasn't sure where to post this.

I wanted to know if i got this right. I'm using the mystic faerie tarot, Is this deck based on the Ryder Deck?

Also i wanted to know if i got this right..
Wands- Fire: Summer
Cups- Water:Spring
Sword-Air: Autumn
Pentacles- Earth: Winter

As far as Time Frames..

Wands- Fire: Fastest time, hours
Cups- Water: Mid Slowtime, weeks
Sword-Air: Mid-fast, days
Pentacles- Earth:Slowest time, months

Do i have this right?
Seasons and time are among those things that are arguable depending on the tarot reader you ask or the book you have in hand. I can say, for example, that your times work for me, but, personally, I see Cups as Fall, Swords as Winter, and Pents as Spring. But that's me. And I often change my mind when it comes to deciding which suit is which season.

Ultimately, like direction (Are Swords East or North?) there is no right or wrong answer when it comes to these things; there is only what works for you and what your intuition feels is right when you set down the card and read it.

nisaba

I'd go with what your own surroundings do. For example, where I am now:

Autumn is a rainy season here - Cups.

Spring is very windy - Swords.

Summer is too hot for most plants to grow successfully - Fire.

Winter is mild and only occasionally sets a light frost, never a hard frost, and everything is as green as, because of the Autumnal rain - Earth.

Luna Shay Luv

ofbainbridge

Although the images are different; Yes this is one of those decks that is based on the Rider/Waite deck...

TarotMoon

I think what people are trying to say is that there is no "right" for the seasons. Your correspondances happen to be exactly what i use myself. However, it's based a lot on where I live (as someone already said) - my spring being very wet and my fall crisp and breezy. There is no "right" interpretation that goes along with a deck being RWS-based, as neither Waite nor Smith gave their intentions for this issue.

I also use the same relative speeds that you do for the suits, primarily based on how fast the horses seem to be moving in the Knight cards, and the general masculine/feminine, active/passive properties of the elements associated with the suits. Again though, this is totally a matter of your own personal interpretation, since I don't think anything was said about this by the deck authors.

ofbainbridge

Yup what everyone is saying is true..
This is a Rider/Waite clone deck. It is based on the Rider/Waite deck and of those people using the Rider deck or any of its clone decks many do not use the same season/suit correspondences...

Myself
Swords - Spring
Wands - Summer
Cups - Fall
Pents - Winter

and like TarotMoon said...there is no correct one...pick a system or devise your own and go with it --as long as your consistent it will work...

HappyReadings Friend

SunChariot

There are many ways to do timing questions. It's not a question of it something is right or wrong, as it rarely is in Tarot. If it works for you, then it's right for yuo and keep using it. If it is not working well for you, then it's not right for you and just let to drop.

What works for each of us is not the same. Most things in Tarot work for some people and not for others. You have to find for yourself what works for you, even invent your own methods at times. But there is never any right or wrong to it.

That being said, and just to confuse things. The way you mentioned above is one way to do timing questions. It is not the one I currently use.

The way I do it:

The Majors mean that the querent has some very important life lessons to learn and the event can only take place after they have learnt them. Eg if the Strength card comes up in a timing question, it would say that the querent is not yet ready inside or strong enough inside to handle the event if it were to happen now. It will only happen once they have become strong enough inside to handle it and deal with it properly...When it happens depends on how quickly or how slowly the querent decided to assimilate the lessons shown in the card. It's their choice and up to them how quickly they decide to learn them.

As for the Minors (Aces to Tens)
Wands=Days
Cups=Weeks
Swords=Months
and
Pentacles=Years

You can also add in the number to be more precice. Eg: teh 5 of Cups means it will happen in 5 weeks, the 10 of Pents means it will happen in 10 years, the Ace fo Wands means it will happen in one day (from now till tomorrow)...

As for the Courts, they just say that there is someone else in your life that is holding up the event from happening. When they get their act together and are ready, then and only then things will change in your life. They even can only happen when they are ready and they have not yet decided what they want to happen or what they want to do...

Hope that didn't confuse you more. LOL

Babs