Antique Anatomy Major Arcana Deck

blackandthemoon

Hello Everyone,

**I posted this over in the creation thread but I thought I would post it here as well since it is now finished!**

It's been a crazy few weeks which have been liberating and also exhausting but I wanted to share the product description and a link where you can see pictures!

www.etsy.com/shop/blackandthemoon

Follow @blackandthemoon on Instagram to keep up to date and use the hashtag #antiqueanatomytarot

This is a Major Arcana deck featuring 22 cards + a cheat sheet card (astrological and elemental correspondences) + a cover card.
Comes in a plain white tuck box.
Each card is 2.75 inches by 4.75 inches.
The back of each card is an image of black vintage book cover.

The Vision:

Since I was a little girl I have had two loves; the occult and vintage oddities. As time went on I knew I wanted to have a deck to read that combined those two things. When I could not find one, the Antique Anatomy Tarot was born. I have carefully cleaned and restored antique medical imagery while preserving the vintage texture and look and combined them with classic elements of the Tarot to create something that I feel is truly special.

Major Arcana:

The Major Arcana are the cards that are considered to be the soul of a deck. Used for powerful readings and representing milestones, the Major Arcana fills us with a sense of knowing and guides us in the right direction.

0 - The Fool - Air - Uranus
1 - The Magician - Air - Mercury
2 - The High Priestess - Water - Moon
3 - The Empress - Earth - Venus
4 - The Emperor - Fire - Aries
5 - The Hierophant - Earth - Taurus
6 - The Lovers - Air - Gemini
7 - The Chariot - Water - Cancer
8 - Strength - Fire - Leo
9 - The Hermit - Earth - Virgo
10 - The Wheel of Fortune - Fire - Jupiter
11 - Justice - Air - Libra
12 - The Hanged Man - Water - Neptune
13 - Death - Water - Scorpio
14 - Temperance - Fire - Sagittarius
15 - The Devil - Earth - Capricorn
16 - The Tower - Fire - Mars
17 - The Star - Air - Aquarius
18 - The Moon - Water - Pisces
19 - The Sun - Fire - Sun
20 - Judgement - Fire - Pluto
21 - The World - Earth - Saturn

This deck is perfect for:

Tarot Readers - experienced and beginners
Tarot Collectors
Oddities Collectors
Medical Illustration Enthusiasts

Uses of the Major Arcana:

Milestone spreads - Birthday readings, astrology readings, Halloween/Samhain readings
New Moon & Full moon readings
Meditation
Spell-work

bonebeach

You know what? Yesss. Not this week, because I promised myself I wouldn't buy things this week, but next week, yes. I love the kind of classy vintage spooky vibe, and when I saw the backs I thought "that looks like an old book cover," so yes yes yes. Totally works for me. I've never bought a majors only deck but I'm willing to make this my first.

I particularly like the look of the Chariot and Strength. The non human skeletons are an excellent feature.

This is a deck I would use for myself, but also the kind of thing I'd loved to whip out in public to see people's reactions. Of course, I also have mole rat skulls in a glass heart shaped box on my booksehlf, sooo...love this art. Love this art a lot. The black backs are perfect, too.

edit: changed my mind because I saw a print of Death in your shop--THAT is my favorite card in the deck so far. Whee! Must have this.

blackandthemoon

Thank you so much Bonebeach :)
The Death card is my favourite as well - rising scorpio :p. I really wanted to add animals to all of them but I felt like the Majors were very fussy about how they wanted to be represented and what they wanted to accompany them. If that makes sense...
If I ever do a full 78 I am definitely going to feature a lot more animals and dissembled body parts/organs.
Again, thank you for the feedback - it really means the world to me.

Claire