Any Harry Potter Spreads Out There? Any ideas for a HP spread?

Glass Owl

I am a big Harry Potter fan and I'm looking for some spreads that others have created based on the HP series. I would also like some inspiration and direction on creating my own for the series. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the number of approaches I could use. The HP world is just so vast. A HP spread could focus on any number of things: one character/house/location, one book in the series, one theme in the series, or even somehow encompass an overview of the whole series.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Bridget

What a wonderful idea! I love the Harry Potter books too, but I never thought of creating spread based on them before.

I do see the problem, though. There are so many characters, and basing spreads on them when the series is still incomplete could be tricky - who knows whether a Snape spread will still make sense in two years?

It might be better to think of issues you'd want to explore, and then find an HP character or situation that fits the issue and would help you remember the spread.

For instance, suppose you wanted to explore something difficult from your past that is giving you trouble again. That's similar to Harry's struggle with the Dementors. Maybe a Dementor spread would have positions like these:

1. The Dementor - The thing that brought this difficulty back into your life, or reawakened it.

2. The Memory - The pain you don't want to relive

3. The Parents - Another reason you don't want to confront this pain (Part of Harry didn't want to defeat the Dementors because if he did, he'd lose the only memory he had of his parents.)

4. The Spell - What you have to do to defeat the Dementor

5. The Patronus - The outcome

I'm just tossing out these positions off the cuff. I'm sure you could come up with better ones. And if you can come up with an inner-teacher spread inspired by Dumbledore, I will totally try it. :)

Astraea Aurora

Hi Glass Owl,

I know of a Quiddich Spread somewhere here on AT. I can't remember where but I've seen it. You could do a search for it in the Spread Section.

Blessings, Astraea Aurora

firefli

have you tried using the search option for "harry potter tarot" in google or on here using the spech marks around the words? I was told this at college that it helps to make the search easier. I had a look around some sites but not found anything as yet. I will keep looking around though.

I have only seen some of the first harry Potter film.

http://www.happychild.org.uk/harrypottermagic/characters/index.htm

maybe this site will help you in making a tarot spread.Perhaps the spread ideas were too complex and they had to give up on it. I found a quiz on which harry potter are you like perhaps it can be used for significators?

there is a exploring harry potter book:)

or maybe wikipedia for research is an idea.

tarotgarden
deskstyler.de
nasubiona.net

have their own takes on the harry potter decks which they have made

Acacia

How about a spread based on the different houses.

Something along these lines:

Hufflepuff--(just and loyal). The Heart of the matter

Ravelclaw--(quick wit). Wisdom, advice

Gryffindor--(brave). The action step

Slytherin--(cunning). the unknown, the dark side

Hogwarts--the synthesis

Bridget

I love that 4 houses spread, Acacia! I'm picturing it laid out like the school crest (P for the 'Puffs):

G___S
__H__
P___R

I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for suggesting it. :)

ladydreamer

Acacia said:
How about a spread based on the different houses.

Something along these lines:

Hufflepuff--(just and loyal). The Heart of the matter

Ravelclaw--(quick wit). Wisdom, advice

Gryffindor--(brave). The action step

Slytherin--(cunning). the unknown, the dark side

Hogwarts--the synthesis
LOVE it! How would you ay it out?

Glass Owl

Okay, I took two suggestions and put them together...

Acacia's Hogwarts Spread

Layout is like the school crest (by Bridget)

3___4
__5__
1___2

1. Hufflepuff--(just and loyal). The Heart of the matter
2. Ravelclaw--(quick wit). Wisdom, advice
3. Gryffindor--(brave). The action step
4. Slytherin--(cunning). the unknown, the dark side
5. Hogwarts--the synthesis

Maxamillion

I love that spread.

Being a Harry Potter fan, I'm going to try to come up with some HP spreads.