Anyone Know What Deck This Is?

BlueRosary

I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I saw this on Yahoo Answers. Someone had asked if anyone knew what the deck was that was being used on a promo for the teen TV show Degrassi High.

Here's a link to the promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDt08UwKxEQ

I have never seen it before and couldn't find out any info. Maybe it's a deck just made up for the show. I figure if nobody here recognizes it that's probably the case.

Thanks!
Pam

Myrrha

The images look like the Unicorn Tarot. They might have changed the borders a bit, the cards look bigger with more white space around the borders than I remember. The camera angle has distorted the images a little.

nisaba

I had the AT image open in one window and played the clip a few times - it's a pity that the cards weren't shown in both, but I don't think the borders were modified at all. It was all camera angles and bending the cards. I think the borders are the same.

makani

Well, the card was manipulated somehow, because the font is completely different. Instead of Roman numerals and decorative lettering, the font is quite plain, big, and easy to read. Presumably so there's no doubt what's on the card. But the border looks different to me, but Nisaba, you're probably correct in that it's the camera angle. One other thing, looks like rounded corners, AT site shows squared corners. Anyone have this deck?

Myrrha

I don't have it anymore (unfortunately) but when I did it had rounded corners. They definitely used a strange camera angle to make the card look distorted but I think they also changed the borders and font so the card titles would be clearly legible even though shown so briefly.

gregory

That's certainly NOT au naturel from the Unicorn. Look at the Lovers - it is actually the 4 Wands from the Unicorn. The borders are right - sure, but... I imagine that they couldn't (on DeGrassi) show NUDES.... :D

So - given that Death is correct and Lovers has been "cleaned up" ;) - I suspect they just stuck 2 images they liked on the Unicorn borders for the cards they wanted to show - as you might say - and used a changed font so viewers could easily read it ?

BlueRosary

You guys are awesome!!

I knew if it was possible to get an answer - this was the place.

I don't know why but I was just fixated on what this deck was. Now I feel guilty about answering the question on Yahoo. Maybe I could post a link to this thread??

Thanks everyone!