Archetypal Energy...Beyond the Majors

Satori

If you didn't know the Majors were supposed to be archetypes and they came up in a reading, do you think you would treat them differently than the courts?

So, for instance, let's say the Empress comes up in a three card spread. Do you look at her and think, "Arhcetype" because that is what you learned, or do you actually feel her energetically and feel her insisting that her prescence brings a different tone/feeling/intention to the Ace of Cups and the 3 of Wands?

How do the majors feel to you in a reading?

Do they feel different to you when you read majors only decks?

And with the pips, do the lesser cards sometimes feel Bigger than they are supposed to feel???

Smell richer than the everyday humdrum sort of energy we "read in the books" that they are supposed to carry?

Kiama

elf said:
And with the pips, do the lesser cards sometimes feel Bigger than they are supposed to feel???

Smell richer than the everyday humdrum sort of energy we "read in the books" that they are supposed to carry?

Yes. Most definitely.

Although I do often see the Majors as archetypes, part of me also sees archetypal images and concepts in the Minors as well. I don't read Tarot in a structured way anymore, so in my readings there is room for a Major Arcana card to mean "tea and cake with the vicar" and for a Minor Arcana to mean "huge, spiritual changes are afoot!" The 'class' of card doesn't bother me much anymore, unless it really strikes me... for instance, if there are mostly Major Arcana in a reading.

As far as I'm concerned, every card in the Tarot can relate to somebody's life. And what for one person is humdrum, to another is pure bliss. The Tarot simply reflects this.

Kiama