Are cards always for querants?

Green Horse

Hello,

I have been getting The Empress reversed a few times in a few positions and just don't feel that it is meant for me.

Are the cards always for the querant? Most literature would seem to say that you take it as a message for yourself, but I just feel it's a message to me about someone else. Is that an ok way of thinking how the cards might work.

Thanks.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Green Horse!

You've gotten a particular card in readings you've done for yourself and you don't think the card applies to you? Unless you've had someone else on your mind while you've been doing readings for yourself, I would think that all the cards you pick for yourself are for you. When doing readings for others, one or more cards may repeat across readings as a message to the reader in addition to being relevant to the individual readings.

As for the Empress Rx, is there some area in your life where you've not been nurturing yourself? That could be not eating right or exercising, not expressing your artistic or intuitive side, loving something but not partaking in/of it because of finances or others, etc.

If your mother is still alive, the tarot could be trying to tell you that you need to focus on her right now. (Or if there is a "mother figure" in your life, then you need to focus on her right now.) If you have "mother issues" the tarot could be trying to tell you that you need to resolve them.

Have you been working on a project that's been stalled? The Empress Rx could be suggesting that you need to finish (give birth to) it.

Or is there someone in your life who needs you to nurture them and you haven't for whatever reason? The Empress Rx could be indicating that you need to become the nurturer.

HTH,
Rodney

Green Horse

Thanks RWCarter. I think it stems from the fact that upright in a reading a few weeks ago I had a strong reaction of grr to the empress in my steampunk deck, seemed to be to me little miss perfectly pretty able to get her own way at everything with a bat of her eyelashes and promise of more, everything that I hate women doing and are not myself. So reversed I think I read that this sort of woman will be toppled.

None of the traditional meanings seem to fit.

rwcarter

Ahh. The tarot is throwing the Empress Rx at you to make you come to terms with her in that deck. :)

carmenca

Empress reversed, sorry but you may be a misogynist. You would be wise to work out your love/hate feelings towards women or the one in question. Attraction and repulsion are an issue right now. The woman in question might also have some excess of estrogen, possibly like a new birth control or excess of motherly feelings for you or men in general.