Aromatherapy

janie144

Please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place but I was wondering does anybody use their own aromatherapy blends? What do you use aromatherapy for most? and what is your favorite essential oil?

ETA: maybe this should have been posted in chat, if so mods please feel free to move :)

Hemera

This is the right place for this thread so no worries janie :)

janie144

Here is a recipe I found online, I am going to try it out at the weekend :)

BATH MILK
2 cups (200g) whole powdered Milk
1/2 cup (65g) Cornstarch (also called corn flour)
1/4 cup (50g) Baking Soda
and

10 drops lavender essential oil, 9 drops lemon, 1 drop chamomile

or

10 drops bergamot essential oil, 9 drops orange, 1 drop rose geranium, ylang ylang OR jasmine

*supposed to be especially good for dry skin.

Hemera

H
BATH MILK
2 cups (200g) whole powdered Milk
1/2 cup (65g) Cornstarch (also called corn flour)
1/4 cup (50g) Baking Soda
Oooh, that milk sounds like Cleopatra´s bath or something. (-And when you add the rest you get...er..bread? :p)

I once had a good recipe for shampoo with raw eggs and something but I can´t find it anywhere now. It was actually quite good. Messy but good.[..goes to search..]

RavenTree

My favorite all-purpose essential oil is Lavender. It's a real must for my medicine cabinet. I use it for lots of things, such as cuts, burns, insect bites. In the morning I put a drop or two on a cotton ball along with witch hazel as a facial toner. My second favorite would be Frankincense for the aroma and its skin clarifying benefits. I use this oil when I want to lift my mood. [:)]

psychicpaula

dragons blood

my favourite essential oil is jasmine, lavender and dragons blood. the properties of jasmine and lavender are well known but dragons blood is used in white witchcraft (and in many other instances) to add power to any spell. so if you want anything to work be it readings, spell work, crystal work, aromatherapy blends, absolutely anything.. add a drop of dragons blood and find your work comes about in double quick time.. its bloomin marvelous! :)

as for aromatherapy blends always mix just a few drops (4-6 at the most) with a carrier oil (such as almond oil) to get the perfect balance and experiment with your own blends!! - it doesnt cost a fortune and it is a lot of fun.

Hemera

I have always found Dragon´s blood to be very interesting. It sounds so magical and the plant family it gets its´name from (Dracaena) is also very interesting. They are common houseplants and most of them are very beautiful. I own several species and I have sometimes wondered how one could get the resin out of it. I suppose it would not work without killing the plant (or some parts of it)
Here´s an article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_blood

janie144

I am quite new to aromatherapy, and still learning and having fun with it :) I have a collection of about a dozen oils, basics really like lavender, chamomile, clary sage, tea tree, ylang ylang and my favorite so far is lavender and I also like the earthy scent of patchouli.

psychicpaula I had never heard of dragon's blood, sounds very interesting.
Hemera thank you for the link.
RavenTree the store where I have been buying my oils had an offer on Frankincense so I might make that my next purchase :)

Also I see there are quite a few different carrier oils on the market, which one do you prefer? and why?

strangebrew

I use the oils every day, mainly lavender as i find its great for lots of things

My fave perfume blend is melissa and patchouli, blended with carrier oil....the lightness of the melissa and earthiness of the patchouli seem to work somehow

:)