As I shuffled the cards...

cheekyminx

last night I sat in bed and I asked a yes/no question. I was going to do the elemental yes or no spread. Swords and Wands = a yes, cups and pentacles = a no etc, I'm sure you all know how it goes. As I was shuffling 3 cards fell out, swords, I put the cards back in the deck and shuffled some more, then 2 more cards fell out, swords/wands. I thought it was interesting as the spread requires 5 cards.

I did the spread but didn't write the cards down LOL

Any thoughts? Thanks

WalesWoman

Hmmm... sounds like the fallen ones said a yes. Did you put them back and go on with the spread or what?

cheekyminx

Edited my first post, fixed up a typo and added more info :D

thorhammer

Interesting, mate. It does sound like a yes, but when you went ahead and did the spread, did it say yes as well?

I'd be confused. I wouldn't trust it :laugh:

\m/ Kat

cheekyminx

thorhammer said:
Interesting, mate. It does sound like a yes, but when you went ahead and did the spread, did it say yes as well?

I'd be confused. I wouldn't trust it :laugh:

\m/ Kat
I'm always in a state of confusion ;) *trying to recall the reading* Mainly from the major arcana I think.

sapienza

Interesting. It sounds awfully like a yes. But what I think is more interesting is that you didn't take it to mean yes, so does that mean you wanted the answer to be no? If that is the case then the question is answered. But if not then I guess you'd still be confused. I'm not really helping am I?

cheekyminx

It just means I should take more notice of readings and write down what cards I get ;) Have to stop being so lazy.

sapienza

I'm guilty of the same thing! I'm ashamed to admit it but often I do a whole reading and have it packed away before the cards even register.

thorhammer

I was like that, too, until recently. I just always felt really unsettled after a reading (mostly guilt, I'm sure), knowing that I didn't really get the message. I'm only like that with readings for myself. When I read for others, I tend towards giant essays (take a look, if you don't believe me :D) - but I had trouble taking my own questions seriously enough. I decided that a) my questions were indeed important enough to warrant the time and b) I wasn't going to learn squat by just ignoring 90% of what was coming through.

So now I write everything down. Longhand. I quite like writing, which makes it easier, but I also get sick of things easily, so I'm stuck at about 8 cards because I don't want to write any more than three or four A4 pages :laugh: I did a CC one night (as a bit of a dare, as I never do them) and by the end of it I just wanted it to be over!

\m/ Kat