Ascension (Poem inspired by Thoth)

OctavaSpera

There's a lady I'm interested in and I thought about writing her a poem. However, I don't know too much about her yet so I turned to my Thoth deck for inspiration. Before showing the poem to her I'd like to share it with you and perhaps get comments on my cards' interpretation and relation to the verses. Thank you for reading and I appreciate your feedback.

It's an eight-line poem, so I drew 8 cards and wrote each line according to how I saw the image or read the card.

1. VIII Adjustment / Justice
2. Ace of Cups
3. 4 of disks (power)
4. XVII The Star
5. Ace of Swords
6. 10 of Wands (oppression)
7. 9 of Swords (cruelty)
8. 4 of Cups (luxury)
9. XIII Death

Liberating us from needs and extremes,
Inspiring energy our spirit redeems.
Succumb not to worldly confines this day,
Ascend freely to realms light-years away,
Beauty pierces the skies with rays of light.
Earthly chains hold us with oppressive might,
Life force seeping, yet freedom within sight.
Luminous wisdom in our cup beams,
A new beginning from chaos gleams.

I am no good at counting meter or putting stress in the right place. I sacrifice these qualities to accomplish rhyming and a consistent number of syllables in each line (ten in this case). There's also another gimmick if you look closely :)

EDIT: Changed first word in line 2 from "Increasing" to "Inspiring" and added a line

Grigori

OctavaSpera said:
There's also another gimmick if you look closely :)

Very nice, and the gimmick is very Crowleyan, I'm sure your deck approves :D

RexMalaki

Nice...Is she going to get just the end result: the poem?

...or will you explain how tarot wrote her poem, like you did for us?

How did she like it?

Jack

Nice poem

Lisa Bella? is that the other gimmick?

OctavaSpera

I'm not sure if she's inclined to spirituality and the supernatural so I think it's best to wait to discuss Tarot with her (and assuming she likes the poem!) I drew three cards asking "how should I approach Tarot with her?" and the final card was the Ten of Wands. To me it says I should wait until the right moment. I forgot what the first two cards were.

Yes, you've figured out that the gimmick is the acrostic, nice. It's her name. I like writing acrostics and last time I had to reveal it to the recipient. Let's see if this time she'll see it right away or not. It could be made very obvious with gigantic Capitals, or subtle with all cursive letters.