Asking you deck if it wants to go...

MareSaturni

Have you ever asked your tarot or oracle deck if it wanted to be traded/sold?

I never did it because it was never necesary...until today. I was thinking about trading an oracle deck of mine because i didn't think i'd even learn it's system (Ls Magic Cards of the Russian Sybil) and then i decided to ask it: would you like to be traded?

I chose three cards. The answer was, and i swear it was because i read the meaning in the book that comes with the deck:

"I'm feeling sorta lonely right now [9/Spades], so i wish to travel [10/Swords] and meet someone who will give me more attention [9/Swords]"

Has such thing ever happened to you? I don't believe decks are living creatures, but whoever or whatever spoke through it really...scared me :p

~Yuko

Chronata

huh...never thought of it before, Miss Yuko...

but your deck talking back to you is hilarious!
That is absolutely the perfect response...LOL!

Hmmm...maybe I need that deck...have you traded it yet?
:D

MareSaturni

Chronata said:
huh...never thought of it before, Miss Yuko...

but your deck talking back to you is hilarious!
That is absolutely the perfect response...LOL!

Hmmm...maybe I need that deck...have you traded it yet?
:D

Yes...and now i ask the deck more questions and he answers nonsense. Really, this deck has a great personality and it doesn't like me ¬¬'

It only talks to me to say "go to hell". LOL!!!!

No, i haven't traded it yet *winks*

~Yuko

Julien

How interesting is that! I've never asked a deck such a question before...

Maybe it's just feeling defensive because you don't seem to like IT? ;)

Julien

Sophie

No, I don't believe decks have feelings. I have feelings about my decks, however, so I might ask how I'd feel if I did trade or sell a deck. If in doubt - I don't.

MareSaturni

Helvetica said:
No, I don't believe decks have feelings. I have feelings about my decks, however, so I might ask how I'd feel if I did trade or sell a deck. If in doubt - I don't.

I don't believe either, and that's why it scared me xD

~Yuko

SunChariot

I never asked them, but they have their own ways of telling me. Or rather the universe has it's own way of telling me when it is not wise for me to sell something. I have found in my life that what is meant to happen for my own good happens, what is not meant to happen doesn't. Life is just set out to work out for the best in the long term.

I once had two decks that would not give me good readings: The Thoth and the Lovers' Path. I tried to trade first the Thoth and then the Lovers' Path. I think both are pretty popular decks, but I did not get any answersl

What that says to me is that the universe felt they would still be useful to me, and I was not meant to trade them. I tried to trade them but was prevented. A few months ago, I was doing a reading for myself and I just felt the Thoth was the deck I needed. Don't know why, as it had never worked for me before, but I felt it. And I had one of my most amazing readings ever that day and now the deck is working well for me.

Then a few weeks ago I had a reading to do for someone else, and they requested the Lovers' Path. I went along with it, even though I knew it had never worked well for me as a deck, and it worked well for the reading and is becoming one of my favourite decks. In fact that reading changed my life, because something that came up in it made me beleive in Angels for the first time. It I had traded it away I would have missed out on that opportunity. But I was not "allowed" to trade either deck because they were both to become important to me later on.

That is my feeling on how the universe works. You can try and trade something, but if that deck is still part of your path, then you will be prevented from trading it. Something will get in the way.

So I just do what I feel like, secure in that if I am not meant to, I will be prevented.

Babs