B&W Marseille images?

Scion

So I'm gearing up to teach my Tarot class and to kick off, I'm having my students color a simple TdM Majors only set to familiarize them with the Trumps and start the ball rolling on later discussions of symbolism an dcolor.

Anyone know where I can score some clean B&W line art of the TdM (not RWS, not Vachetta) images?

I'd be very much obliged. :)

Scion

thinbuddha

I while back I saw a Conver on ebay which was uncolored.... You may have to Photoshop your own, though- I don't see it anymore.

kwaw

"Codewarrior" at one time made available some B&W line images of his wonderful Utility Marseille, wish I'd taken advantage at the time as they no longer appear on line. Perhaps if you email codewarrior he would be willing to send you a set to print?

From what I recall of them, they were truly wonderful.

Probably not quite what you want, but there is also the line drawings from de Gebelin, as used on myspace profile here:

http://www.myspace.com/kwaw93

Kwaw

Scion

Thanks guys...

Kwaw, those line drawings are spectacular, but I went ahead and bought the Marseilles font for $12. At that price, it was too simple. And now I own it, which will no doubt prove useful down the line. And as fonts they're infinitely scaleable and flexible.

I'm really set on having my kids work with the TdM images since the other stuff we're doing is with GD decks, and they all riff on the TdM iconography. I feel like knowing the source of those root Trump symbols is essential. And for $12, no harm no foul. :)

It's the writer in me; I can see the narrative arc of the class form Tdm to WS to C-H Thoth. And starting at this point justgives a lovely trajectory that will make Crowley pay off in an exciting way.

Scion

jmd

Here's a B&W outline of a TdMII in zip format that I'll leave on the site for about a week.

Hope it helps (the person who put it together added a zero to the Fool, but apart from that, it should be ok).

http://fourhares.com/tarot/Marseilles_BW.zip

Scion

Excellent, JMD! Very helpful. :)

BodhiSeed

Thank you for sharing these with us jmd! I am currently in the process of coloring the BOTA major arcana, and will use the Marseille cards next. They've been a wonderful way to meditate on the tarot!

Bodhran

.traveller.

Another thank you from me! I've been wanting to color some cards for an experiment but didn't want to go through the trouble of converting an entire deck to b/w.

Moonbow

Scion, in my view colouring in the cards is an excellent way to start off with the Marseilles. I have been doing the 78 week study for the second time around, but this time I am drawing the cards. It's amazing to notice details that I have previously missed through just looking at them during studies or readings. The pips also give great insight.

It will be interesting to see what colours they choose for this project (and would you be able to show us any?)