Bandannas

Morwenna

I can't find the thread wherein was mentioned bandannas for wrapping decks or using as small spread cloths, and I know I contributed! (The crash maybe?)

But the idea was that bandannas are easily available (I mentioned country fairs), and now I've discovered that Walgreen's pharmacy (US) often has them quite cheap. My husband likes having lots of them for personal use, and the last several he bought there (this past month) were something like a dollar each and in about a dozen different colors.

So if you want colorful inexpensive deck wraps, already hemmed :D, try the drugstore!

Promise

Bandannas and scarves make GREAT wraps for decks! Not only are they usually pretty easy to find and normally very inexpensive, they're also good to have around because they can serve so many different purposes! They're also usually pretty well made, and hell, if you happen to spill something on them or stain them, who cares? They're cheap enough to replace!

I have a hand-dyed "playsilk" that came from an Etsy seller that makes a wonderful wrap for decks as well as runes.

MeeWah

There was an old thread that mentioned bandanas, but unable to find it & do not see a more recent discussion.

I like bandanas as small spread cloths, though originally bought them to wear. A few years ago, found them at Target for $1 each. & in pastel & dark colours.

Also use those 'old' head scarves as reading cloths, though many of those tend to be slippery because of the material.

Sheri

*sigh* I remember when I was skinny enough to wear bandannas as belts!

I think they would make great spread cloths and wraps for decks... especially now with all the different colors and designs available.

What a great idea!

:love: Sheri

Morwenna

I've *never* been that skinny! :D

I have hubby's new pile right here, and they are:

light blue
orange
black
yellow
dark green
mottled fuchsia
peachy pink (w/burgundy print)
burgundy
olive green
red
bright blue

And he has a few duplicates. They were originally $1.99 or 2/$3, marked down to $1. Can't beat that with a stick! (I need a few of my own!)

Taamar

$1 each for cotton bandanas at my local craft stores. Love them!

canid

Morwenna said:
I can't find the thread wherein was mentioned bandannas for wrapping decks or using as small spread cloths, and I know I contributed! (The crash maybe?)

But the idea was that bandannas are easily available (I mentioned country fairs), and now I've discovered that Walgreen's pharmacy (US) often has them quite cheap. My husband likes having lots of them for personal use, and the last several he bought there (this past month) were something like a dollar each and in about a dozen different colors.

So if you want colorful inexpensive deck wraps, already hemmed :D, try the drugstore!

They're even cheaper at Goodwill, & you'll find many silk ones, both scarves & 'bandanas'. I've got a whole collection going. I love silk! If you're not using them all, drape them over lampshades, decorate a tabletop...

Morwenna

It was Goodwill where I got the two wool scarves I use for a couple decks already, long ago. I think I need another trip there!

Yasmin

I love the idea of bandanas but all the ones I have are so "cowboy-ish." It's hard to imagine RWS on the top of a cowboy scarf BUT I do live in Texas.

Maybe that would be a nice way to integrate tarot into cowboy country! hahaha

Yasmin

Maybe I can git my horse and ride up to the tarot post over yonder and read for some wranglers! yee haw! I'll take my rope and tie 'em up so they can't run off!