Barley's New Deck Personality Profile - Fountain

barefootlife

Barleywine posted this spread here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=271911. I do both options for part 2. I'm not sure what I was expecting, exactly, when I went into this, because I've heard so many things about the Fountain, but...it's interesting.

Heart (Fire) - vitality and core virtues
Page Wands +10 Wands (tone), Moon (personality)
Personality-wise, this deck is going to be a doozy. Thing is, I love the Moon, in all her mystery and calls into the darkness. This isn't a straightforward deck. It's going to demand I go deeper, going to be oblique and mysterious. Its tone is a bit of a manic swerve between overburdened with knowledge and gleefully seeking it more. I think there will be messages within messages here, presented quietly but with subtle force.

Voice (Water) - fluidity and expressiveness
Page Coins + 7 Cups (tone), Queen Cups (personality)
Again with the Page. But at least these cards match in tone - they're seeking, but there's always the potential for deception, or at least, again, obliqueness. Decks don't really lie, but that doesn't mean they can't be squirrely, and this one is going to be squirrely, seeming to say a lot but leaving the most important things as quiet subtleties to discover. On the other hand, it seems that this forced exploration comes from a place of love, mostly.

Challenges (Air) - the most difficult aspect of the deck
5 Cups, Ace Swords (tone), Wheel of Fortune (personality)
Yep, here we go. More ups and downs. What a melancholy little deck, much as it holds the ability for intense insight. And, like all the other aspects indicated, it's not going to make it easy to take the whole of its messages. Some will be better than others. I suspect, so far, that the deeper I go into the shadowy places, the happier it will be.

Strengths (Earth) - coherence and solidity
7 Coins, 5 Coins (tone), Sun (personality)
And again with the wibble-wobble here. So, not the most stable of decks in tone, literally vacillating between security and insecurity. But illuminating all the same.

Quints: Strength (without extra pulls), Hermit (all pulled cards)
This seems contradictory, but I don't think it's wrong, since the whole deck has been full of ups and downs. But I do see a quiet strength here, a demand for exploring the cerebral and the mysterious, to search for answers and let them be gradually revealed intuitively.

I haven't worked with this deck enough to see if it's as moody as it claims to be, but this reading points to needing to work with it on just myself for awhile. It seems like it's going to have a lot to say, but not in an easy way. But my other decks are very blunt and straightforward. This seems like a good counter to that. I don't mind having more Moon in my life.